cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC with TG582n not fit for purpose

v70ben
Grafter

Re: FTTC with TG582n not fit for purpose

Want one testing on a nice long line compared to a 582n count me in.
Christ, I'll even bring and collect from Sheffield Smiley
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Is Plusnet now providing this to its new customers?
If its a trial I would love to opt in
the 589vn model
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

Quote from: Graham21
Au contraire my hairy friend, I have asked several times to get these back. We even created postage paid bags to send them directly to me. If it's faulty, I'll send a new one back. I will tell you all that I've never managed to get one back that had a Wi-Fi issue. I would definitely expect this router to do 60-80 Mb/s in the same room provided the access device is up and subject to the usual limitations of Wi-Fi. 

My postage bag was to BT Returns. And plusnet don't have a record on their system showing I have returned  Angry
Who creates a stupiud BT Returns bag and it goes to BT? Not plusnet!
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
Finguz
Grafter

I'd be happy to test if you require any more volunteers  Cool
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Quote from: NorthEasterner
My postage bag was to BT Returns. And plusnet don't have a record on their system showing I have returned  Angry
Who creates a stupiud BT Returns bag and it goes to BT? Not plusnet!

We use a BT warehouse to ship from and collect from.  We've used them for a long time, for longer than they've owned us Smiley
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

So then why does plusnet customer services not have a record of me sending back my original router?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I think things are getting confused in here.
Graham was talking about specifically getting routers back here to the office, not the warehouse. To do this we had to send a separate returns bag out that had our address on and not the warehouse address. In your case it seems like it was just a standard return that went to the warehouse and not one that we'd requested back here.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

So technically my router is lost???
Not my fault you sent the wrong returns bag  Huh
Is there any 589 routers left?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Well, we can see one router was RMA'd (the Netgear, in fact).
Are you saying that Graham has asked you to send a router back to him specifically somewhere? If so please drop a link in to the post and I'll chase it with him.
If not, do you mean you ordered a different router to be RMA'd by our support team?
Just trying to get a handle on what you're saying is happening here.
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

Graham was doing a survey about the 582n routers, so I agreed to send my router back and the £40 router fee would be waived. 
But it doesn't matter.  The router is not needed anymore.
If I do leave make sure you don't charge me for the £40 router fee
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It'd still be good to get a link to the post where he asked you to send it back, just so we can chase it up and make sure the fee isn't on your account (though I hope you're not thinking of leaving Wink )
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

I try and find it.
Not leaving at min. might leave after contract though. 
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,113700.msg979264.html#msg979264
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Ah, thanks for that. Doesn't look like Graham responded though, and later you posted here: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,113700.msg986530.html#msg986530
By the look of that, you made your own returns bag and posted it - if that's the case, that'd be why we have no record of it.
Was what you stated in that post the full address you put on the bag?
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

Plusnet sent out a jiffy bag with  a address on to 'BT Returns' and a pre paid stamp