cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropping connection

Bluesplayer
Grafter

Dropping connection

My internet connection has become somewhat unreliable.  I am running the Hub Two Router and everything seems fine when the line is active, wireless and the like.  I have double-checked connections.  The drop-offs are happening quite frequently now.  I lose connection, but only for a short while.  My main computer is using Ethernet.

Can someone run a check on the line please?

8 REPLIES 8
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Re: Dropping connection

@Bluesplayer As you haven't had a staff response (yet), maybe posting your Hubs WAN logs would give us a starting point?

John
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @Bluesplayer, thanks for getting in touch. Really sorry for the issues with your service and for the problems this is causing you. I an certainly see it's been dropping a bit! 

I have tested the line and it's not highlighting anything that could be causing the drops. If not already done so, I would advise to have a run through the troubleshooting here: 
https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/connection-troubleshooting/, can you let me know how you get on?

From there, if it's OK we will likely need to look at sending an engineer if the issue persists. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Bluesplayer
Grafter

I had an issue some time ago and purchased a very cheap BT Business Smart Hub Two for £12 from eBay as a replacement for the setup I had originally.  I have used this instead of the new Plusnet replacement router, the Hub Two version, since this spot of bother.  I haven't been aware of any dropped connection since.  

The odd thing is, my computer speakers whine whenever there is trouble with my internet connection, and the whine hasn't occurred again since using this BT replacement Hub Two.  There doesn't seem to be much difference between the Plusnet and the BT Hub Two, but there are a few differences in the admin side of things.  At first, I had a hell of a job with port forwarding when using the BT Hub, but I then carried out a factory reset.  Once I entered my Plusnet username and password thereafter, port forwarding worked straight off the bat.

So far, so good.

Upgrading?

I have the Unlimited Fibre package at £22.99 per month with a static IP.  Can this package be upgraded to the speedier version, the Unlimited Fibre Extra, for a few £s more?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Glad to see the BT Hub's working well for you! 

If you'd like to upgrade your package, you'd be best speaking with our Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632. Also I can see that Full Fibre is available in your area, so you can get a speed of up to 900mbps if you upgrade even further. 

I'll be happy to arrange for someone to call you back if it's easier for you. Just send me a PM with your phone number and when would be the best time-frame for a call. Our sales people are open 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday, 9am to 7pm Saturday's and 9am to 6pm Sunday's. Though I can't promise a call over the bank holiday.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Bluesplayer
Grafter

900MBPS?

Blimey.  

I can't see anything in regard to this on the Plusnet website.  Where can I go to read up on speeds available, and the costs?  I prefer to read up on these things first rather than receive a call.

Cheers

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Heya, sorry for the delay. We aren’t offering full fibre online at the moment, so the only way you’d be able to sign up or get a price is over the phone. 

Speeds available are 36mbps, 74mbps, 145mbps, 300mbps, 500mbps or 900mbps. 

Cheers

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@Bluesplayer  For all the info on Plusnet Full Fibre since it was introduced recently have a look at this thread.

Plusnet Full Fibre 

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

@Bluesplayer 

PlusNet did a "soft" launch for exisiting customers on the 25th May. The website's not ready to do a full launch so little detail available unless you know where to look.

Prices are by negotiation but if you look at post #7 in hte previously mention thread you'll see the end of contract prices.

One MAJOR thing to note. You lose your telephone line and phone number.

Brian