Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download has dropped again

Menace65
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Download has dropped again

For the last two weeks or more my download speed has dropped to anywhere from 2.8 to 3.3 Max ( below the min guaranteed in my contract agreement ) Steam ( which is on a 1 GB/s backbone ) and sturttering playback on BT sports and the BBC live feed

I was getting up to 4.3 MB/s last month

I hope us poor peasants on FTTC are not subsidising the FTTP users with bandwidth.

I look forward to ringing Plusnet next month to renew my contract ( Maybe ) hope you can give me a good deal ( about time you rewarded your old customers )

P.S I had a notification, apparently I've been upgraded to "Plusnet legend" Huh

Merry Xmas / Happy Holidays

2 REPLIES 2
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Re: Download has dropped again

@Menace65 

It sounds very much like you have a problem - most likely not in your home/office environment, but more likely in the BT/OR network.

First thing to check: Is your phoneline clear? Dial 17070 (preferably from a corded phone), select option 2. Once your phone number is confirmed, there should be silence on the line except for the regular 'Quiet Line Test' message - any other noise, report a PHONE problem via: https://www.plus.net/help/report-a-problem/phone/

If the phone test passes, report a broadband problem via: https://www.plus.net/help/report-a-problem/broadband/

Let us know the result - if the tests come back as clear but you still have a problem, we need to investigate further.

P.S. The notice you got must have been in error - you are still an 'Aspiring Pro'. 😀

John
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Download has dropped again

Hi @Menage65

I've just been running some tests on your line but we're not seeing signs of any issues, if you've noticed the reduced speeds when on a wireless connection can you run a test over a cabled connection to the router to see how that compares?

Adam

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team