cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daylight robbery, paying for internet that doesn't work. This company needs shutting down!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,602

Re: Daylight robbery, paying for internet that doesn't work. This company needs shutting down!

Thanks for contacting us via Facebook @Conker

I've tested your line today and we're seeing absolutely no issues with the broadband signal coming into your router. Your router is in sync at a downstream line speed of over 20mbps, and an upstream line speed of over 1.2mbps.

The MTBE figure as shown below is an indication as to how many times your line is erroring in a a 24 hour period. As it's at 86400 seconds which is 24 hours it's not erroring at all.

xDSL Status Check
Circuit ID:   Service ID:  
Telephone NO.: NA Test Executed On: 13-11-2018 15:11:26
xDSL Status Test Summary
Sync Status: Circuit In Sync
General Information
NTE Status:   NTE Power Status: PowerOn Bypass Status:  

Upstream DSL Link Information Downstream DSL Link Information
Loop Loss: 7.9 13.5
SNR Margin: 6.9 3.1
Errored Seconds: 0 1
HEC Errors: 0  
Cell Count: 0 0
Speed: 1255 20659

Maximum Stable Rate (KBPS): 18176 Fault Threshold Rate (KBPS): 14541
Mean Time Between Retrains (Seconds): 86400 Mean Time Between Errors Upstream (Seconds): 86400
Indicative Line Quality: G Mean Time Between Errors Downstream (Seconds): 86400

I've checked for any possible congestion and there's none showing. There's also no reported capacity issues at the exchange.

Apart from the drop you had last night, your connection is stable:

image15421216886727

With that in mind, sending an engineer out would likely result in the engineer signing the job off as right when tested, which essentially means no fault has been found, applying a call out charge of which we'd pass £65 to you.

Ideally we'd like to avoid this. In an attempt to remotely fix the issue, I've increased the signal to noise (SNR) ratio to 6dB.

If you're still having issues, we'd need you to confirm the speeds you're seeing via a wired connection, ruling out WiFi, as this would narrow down where the problem lies.

Thank you.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Conker
Dabbler

Re: Daylight robbery, paying for internet that doesn't work. This company needs shutting down!

Sorry, none of that makes sense to me. Anyhow, the wifi still isn't working neither is the cable connection? I really can't see what is going wrong, I was with TalkTalk for years and the connection was great! Your company is the problem, your taking my money not providing a service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! @Gandalf

krusty
Rising Star

@Conker have you got any friends who are savvy with networks/IT, because what @Gandalf has posted has confirmed your line is ok and your router is connected to the net?

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @Conker, I am very sorry you feel that way.

I have completed a 'session kill' to drop your connection and restart it just in case you are experiencing a 'stale session' (this could prevent data transferring).

If you are still having issues, please let us know.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team