cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily drop outs

Tim8191
Dabbler

Daily drop outs

Hi I am.having daily drop outs with my connection. Sometimes taking ages to reconnect. Can this get looked into please thank you
6 REPLIES 6
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 260

Re: Daily drop outs

@Tim8191 PN Help Team staff don't visit here that often these days - most of the help you get is from fellow Community members, but as we don't have access to the information PN do, a little more information is required. When did these 'drop-outs' start, how often do they occur, and what happens to your router lights when they happen ,would be a start?

John
Tim8191
Dabbler

They are just random and usually reconnected within about 5 minutes. But other times it can be ages. And the hub just flashes orange.
jab1
Legend

OK. Can you please supply the information requested in the below, this will give us a starting point to try and help you'

For Community members to be able to help, information from these sites, as screenshots, posted as pictures within the topic, not as attachments:-

BT Broadband Availability Checker (obscuring your phone number), where a landline phone is no longer supplied or known use the address version BT Broadband Address Availability (obscuring your address)

BTW Performance Tester - Over a wired (Ethernet) connection if at all possible, please report the 'ADDITIONAL DIAGNOSTICS'. This test is recommended to be performed with only one device connected.

Sight of the broadband connection status from your Hub (with the 'Username' obscured) would also be of help.

For the Hub One -

Navigate from the Home Screen to Troubleshooting > Helpdesk

For the Hub Two -

Navigate from the Home Screen to Advanced Settings > Technical Log > Information

Where the phone line is still active, it may also be a good idea to report the results of a Quiet Line Test - dial 17070 option 2 from a (preferably corded) phone. After the confirmation of your phone number, there should be total silence apart from the regular 'Quiet Line Test' announcement. Any other noise - report a PHONE fault first.

If you are unsure about any of the above, please just ask - I am happy to help.

John
Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 84

@Tim8191 

They are just random and usually reconnected within about 5 minutes. But other times it can be ages. And the hub just flashes orange.

The Hub with a flashing orange light suggests there is an issue with the broadband signal to you property, a single disconnect usually recover within two minutes, however extended break could be caused by noise on the phone.

If you have a landline phone see if the line is noisy during the period when the light is flashing orange dial 17070 select option 2, the line should be clear of any noise, noise would need investigating - report a phone fault

If there is no noise the issue could be with the openreach network - report a broadband fault.

Plusnet staff may not be present on the forum over weekend but you should still be able to raise a fault following the instructions here

https://www.plus.net/help/report-a-problem/ 

HTH

ClaudiaG23
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 24

@Tim8191 I can see that you've called in and a fault has been raised on your account, an engineer is visiting on Wednesday.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Claudia Garner
 Plusnet Help Team
jab1
Legend

Nice when people acknowledge those that try to help.

John