cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLink Router

bakerbloke
Dabbler

Re: DLink Router

Been through loads of routers and vast majority of cases it is the wireless that goes but the ethernet ports are OK.  Keep these routers and turn off the wireless and either start putting cabling through your house (I use that flat ethernet cable that can go under carpets) or buy the much more robust Airport Express to plug into it like I do - you will never go back to wireless routers again! plus you can stream your itunes music from your computer to hifi system with it.
see:
http://silenceisdefeat.com/~rwightman/PVRprojects/Blog/Entries/2010/4/26_Airport_Express_Base_Statio...
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

hulls,
If you do find that wireless fails altogether on your router we can by all means provide a replacement for you. However it does sound like improving the signal strength is the matter in hand here. As well as bakerbloke's suggestions I'd say it may be worth bearing in mind other similar options too like home plugs may be worth considering.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
hulls
Grafter

Thanks all
Homeplugs are great for desktops etc, but are a bit inhibiting for laptops.  The cost of the Aerport Express seems similar to buying a new (N) router, but if it's got a better range (?) and is more stable, then I suppose it's worth considering.
John