cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What BT Openreach SFI (Special Fault Investigation) engineers are supposed to do

twentythree
Grafter

What BT Openreach SFI (Special Fault Investigation) engineers are supposed to do

The document linked below is BT Openreach's product description for the SFI2 service they provide to Plusnet and other ISPs. This outlines the process the engineers are supposed to take in tackling a fault which isn't easily resolved.
http://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/products/llu/repair/downloads/SFI2%20product%20description%20Issue%2...
I provide this link as information for any other Plusnet customers who are experiencing stubborn faults - it helped me understand the process but unfortunately I'm no closer to having the fault resolved!
3 REPLIES 3
docrobster
Grafter

Re: What BT Openreach SFI (Special Fault Investigation) engineers are supposed to do

Thanks for posting this twentythree, I have an open ticket and the latest is that it will be for "SFI" so was wondering what that stood for, hence a quick search on the fora gives me that info and lots more I cannot understand!
Good luck with getting yours sorted out if it hasn't already
itsme
Grafter

Re: What BT Openreach SFI (Special Fault Investigation) engineers are supposed to do

SFI2 can be initiated by a LLU Communications Provider (CP)
when a Metallic Path Facility (MPF) or Shared Metallic Path Facility (SMPF) is apparently
working within the LLU contractual specification of SIN349 and is testing OK on the
Openreach line test system, but there might be a problem with the CP’s ADSL or SDSL
service.

Does this document apply to PN? They are not a LLU provider and therefore not on MPF or SMPF
docrobster
Grafter

Well I did wonder as I saw it referred to LLU, but at least I know what SFI means now!