cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content block on broadband needs removing

FIXED
alex9

Content block on broadband needs removing

I want the adult content block removed from my broadband set up, any vlue how to do this ad I cant work it out theough my account settings.
7 REPLIES 7
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Content block on broadband needs removing

Exactly what 'content block' are you talking about?

John
alex9

There is an adult content block on plusnet and I want it removed. Think I have to go through staff or something to do it.
jab1
Legend

So far as I know, that is only on the phones, and yes that has to be requested - on the Mobile board. I'm not aware of such a policy on Broadband (FTTC/ADSL) although I understand 'Parental Controls' maybe available somewhere. As I never bothered with them when I was a PN customer, I've no clear idea where they may be, but I think they were somewhere in the Member Centre.

John
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

@alex9  John ( @jab1 ) is correct, the Adult conent block only applies to Mobiles. There is a facility called Safeguard available on broadband accounts but it is not enabled by default. Information on how to use it is here https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/how-to-use-plusnet-safeguard/

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend

Cheers, @MisterW - didn't think I was going mad.😀

John
alex9

Great thank you, the link has worked.
Longliner
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Fix

Some browsers (eg DuckDuckGo) block adult content by default. I mention this purely for information; at my age access to such content would cause system overheating, blow all fuses and result in a terminal event 😥