cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection issues

Tim8191
Dabbler

Connection issues

Hi I’ve recently moved and my broadband went live on the 11th. But since it’s been back on 2/3 times a day it loses connection for a minute or so and then comes back.
Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: Connection issues

Hey @Tim8191

Thanks a lot for getting in touch and I'm really sorry to hear that you're having issues with your connection. The account associated with your Community profile appears to have bee live for quite some time, so am I right in thinking there's another account?

If so, please feel free to send me a Private Message with the account username and I'll run some tests on the line. Smiley

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
Tim8191
Dabbler

Sorry I mean I’ve just moved house and transferred it over with me. But since it’s been on at the new address it’s been going off 2/3 times ago for a minute or so
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Thanks a lot for getting back to me @Tim8191, and for letting me know. Smiley

I've tested the line at the property, and can indeed see the number of drops. There aren't any underlying issues with the line though, so my first though would have been to increase the stability profile on the line to "stable". The trouble is, there's already an order associated with your broadband asset, as you're upgrading to FTTC on 27/01/2022.

In the meantime, to try and improve stability, I'm bumped up the SNR ratio on the line to 9dB. This will come at the expense of some speed, but should provide a better and more stable connection while the fibre upgrade order completes.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
Tim8191
Dabbler

Thank you