Did you mean: 

Citrix VPN Issue

FIXED
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Citrix VPN Issue

Hmm, could you try the steps DS has said letting us know how it goes?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
sniper
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Fix

All,

Finally got it working, although the changes to DNS didn't solve it got me thinking, noticed that the IP in the Citrix url was the same as my internal IP range i.e. 192.168.1.49, now this shouldn't affect it but, changed my internal to be different and its working!

Remoted in fine now......maybe this will assist someone else... but the new router is awesome, much quicker now with super DNS settings! haha

Thanks for everyone help!

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

noticed that the IP in the Citrix url was the same as my internal IP range i.e. 192.168.1.49, now this shouldn't affect it but, changed my internal to be different and its working!

It will absolutely affect it!. If the remote subnet is the same as your local subnet then VPN access to the remote subnet won't work. TBH it's a bit naive of your IT department to run an office network with a subnet which is typically used by home routers i.e 192.168.0.x or 192.168.1.x . I run an office network which provides VPN access and the internal subnet is set to 192.168.42.x to avoid exactly this problem...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

sniper
Hooked
Fixes: 1

@MisterW wrote:

noticed that the IP in the Citrix url was the same as my internal IP range i.e. 192.168.1.49, now this shouldn't affect it but, changed my internal to be different and its working!

It will absolutely affect it!. If the remote subnet is the same as your local subnet then VPN access to the remote subnet won't work. TBH it's a bit naive of your IT department to run an office network with a subnet which is typically used by home routers i.e 192.168.0.x or 192.168.1.x . I run an office network which provides VPN access and the internal subnet is set to 192.168.42.x to avoid exactly this problem...

Thanks for the update, I thought once in the VPN it would not matter...but good to know! Yeah very naive, only just happened to notice it in the URL; otherwise could still be having issues!

DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

Another option would have been to move your home network to the hubs other default range 172....

But, no bother, glad to hear I almost cracked it, but gave you a way to spotting it yourself Wink

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi Simon.

I'm glad to see you've found the cause of the problem and this is sorted. Thumbs_Up

Cheers for getting back to us and posting the solution.

If you need any further assistance, please feel free to let us know.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet