cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot access www.delicious.com / rapidshare.com

RolandBlaze

Re: Cannot access www.delicious.com / rapidshare.com

So let me get this right.. This issue is happening because some scum are uploading/downloading innapropriate images of children, and your solution to plus.net customers is to buy membership to the site"? Great solution guys.
This shows how inaffective this IWF list is.  Also how do you know that the IWF list is not incorrect or being "influenced" by corporations to protect their copyrighted products, as we all know that sites like rapidshare host all kinds of material wether legal or illegal depending on what country your accessing it from.
This just smacks of lazyness on Plus Net's side.. its easy just to blame the problem on some other company etc.. just like it was easy to try and blame the issue on malware. There must be something this ISP can do to stop/reduce this issue. 
Also are all ISP's in UK using this IWF list? If so we as users could try and see if we are being fobbed off by asking a a friend/family member/collegue to try downloading the same links using their ISP and see if they get the same issue!
chillypenguin
Grafter

@Matt
I believe it was Bob, that said that authorised senor personnel  could review the lists, but only under very strict controls with a full spin-off and audit trail. So in effect you are correct, it just PlusNet / IWF policies not the law that stops you access the list.
Chilly
chillypenguin
Grafter

Quote from: RolandBlaze
This shows how inaffective this IWF list is.  Also how do you know that the IWF list is not incorrect or being "influenced" by corporations to protect their copyrighted products, as we all know that sites like rapidshare host all kinds of material wether legal or illegal depending on what country your accessing it from.

This on has been done to death on the forum before, and resolved to most peoples satisfaction.
And as for other ISP then most are already blocking or will be implementing the IWF block.
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

This really doesn't smell right to me, so I've re-raised the issue internally and we are looking at it.  Updates as they come.
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
RolandBlaze

@ Kelly and chillypenguin,
Thanks both.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Hi all,
Just a quick heads up that we reckon we've got a fix for these issues. We're hoping to implement it throughout the duration of today. I'll keep you posted as to its success/failure.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵