Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Cannot Upload

Hi Majority,
Are you using the test socket?
Jojo Smiley
Majority
Grafter

Really do not know where or what that is?
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Quote from: Majority
>Upload speed achieved during the test was - 477 Kbps

Doesn't seem bad, at least not for 20CN, which is all they have in my area.
Additional Information:
Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 588 Kbps

But I've never seen an upstream IP profile reported.  Is this something to do with this newfangled 21CN?
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

The BT Performance Tester does an upload speed test on 21CN connections and reports the upstream sync speed as the IP Profile. I doubt it has any significance as a transmission control parameter, just 'fills the box' and keeps users happy.
David
Majority
Grafter

It might not be bad though I still cannot upload anything over a few MB's
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Quote from: Joanne
Are you using the test socket?

Really do not know where or what that is?

Click the underlined test socket link in my post and it takes you to a picture of it.
Jojo Smiley
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Majority
Grafter

Hi, I have checked the main socket into the house. There is only one connection. The phone on that socket is fine. Plugged the router into the main socket and set up my PC. Connected after a while and No Luck..
Thanks,
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro

Hi, I have checked the main socket into the house. There is only one connection.

Are you trying to say your house does not have a master socket with a detachable faceplate?  But you do have more than just the one phone socket?? 
Majority
Grafter

No not really. I am trying to say that I cannot upload and the problem is something to do with Plusnet.
Thanks,
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro

So you wouldn't mind if Plusnet calls out a BT engineer, it turns out to be something in your house and you pay the £150 (or whatever) to get it fixed?  Now if it were me I would worry about this and run the tests in the BT Test Socket to eliminate any possibility that it's something in the house that is causing the problem (like the bell wire, a well-known cause of broadband problems).  But maybe that's just me? 
Majority
Grafter

I really do not like your attitude. I moved to Plusnet recently. Before I was with BT and had no problems. The download works without any problems what so ever.
Any nice people here still?
Thanks,
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

ReedRichards is trying to help.
Plusnet would be unlikely to request an engineers visit until your basic wiring checks have been performed as the last thing they would want is an irate customer with a large BT bill in his hand.
Their check procedure is to try and avoid this situation.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Majority
Grafter

Any genuine information or help please?
Thanks,
bill888
Champion
Fixes: 38

Just my two pennies worth...
Do you just have the one computer, or more than one which is experiencing this upload problem?
(Seems unlikely but could it be a problem with the computer, eg. security software?)

Given the line stats and Speedtest.net results seem to look okay, I would suggest to try a different router given the known issues with the TG585v8 router.  (You may have inadvertently uncovered some obscure compatibility bug or the unit you have is just defective....)
I think you previously tried your old BT hub but couldn't get it to work.  Can you confirm which model of BT hubs you possess?
Were you able to actually store/save your plusnet username & password into the hub, or was it rejected when you tried to type it in ?
I know the 2.0 Type A model used to work fine on Plusnet last time I tried one a few years ago, and I believe the later 2.0 Type B should also accept plusnet plusdsl.net and plusdsl2.net usernames too. http://www.psidoc.com/showthread.php/248-Unlocked-Home-Hub-2.0B?p=1348&viewfull=1#post1348   Older Home Hubs v1.x may not work with PlusNet.

Otherwise, PN could consider providing one of the new/better TG582N routers, currently undergoing user trials, for you to try?

ex-Plusnet (ADSL, FTTC) 2008-2023. now BT (FTTP) 2023-