cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband usage

Kat
Dabbler

Broadband usage

I will be spending some time abroad and will need to get a local internet connection. How do I find out my broadband usage to get an idea what kind of data allowance I need? I've been going round and round my account with no luck... Grateful for an answer.
6 REPLIES 6
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Re: Broadband usage

Hi Kat,

The view my usage reports were disabled with the advent of unmetered services.  The best approach for obtaining usage figures is from your router data transfer summary.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

@Kat Since usage became 'unlimited' , PN do not publish your use. I understand from previous topics on this subject that PN staff can pull the details from their records, but as I understand it, it is a manual task, and would be low on a list of priorities.

John
Kat
Dabbler

I'm not very technically minded 😳 How would I go about that please?
Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 73

@Kat 

as you are probably aware broadband usage very much depends on how you us it, this calculator might help

https://www.fasterbroadband.co.uk/tools/broadband-usage-calculator 

HTH

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

@Kat wrote:
I'm not very technically minded 😳 How would I go about that please?

Which router do you have?

The Plusnet routers report the following...

• Data sent / received:10.5 GB Uploaded / 95.7 GB Downloaded
  • Hub One is under Helpdesk
  • Hub Two is under Advanced / Technical log

You will need to log into the router at http://192.168.1.254 (the admin password is on the back of the router).

Band width usage is the sum of the figures.  Inspect daily.  Note that in the event of the connection being dropped, these counters might be zeroised.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Kat
Dabbler

Many thanks, this is very useful.