cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband speed

rayofsunshine

Broadband speed

My speed on my broadband is super slow, only one TV can be used at a time and even then it’ll stop and buffer multiply times.

Lights are on on the box and one is flashing constantly it’s super slow
Iv reset the box and still hasn’t fixed it I can’t find a number to call Plusnet that works and it’s driving me insane
4 REPLIES 4
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Re: Broadband speed

@rayofsunshine What speed are you getting? How long has this been happening? Which light is 'flashing constantly' and what colour is it?

PN support (on 0800 4320200) is open 0800-20000.

John
rayofsunshine

How do I check what speed I’m getting?

It’s flashing green it’s the internet and WiFi ones
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Try BTW Performance Tester . Those lights will normally flash as traffic is passing through the hub.

No offence intended here, but I have a feeling you are not, shall we say, too clued-up on how technology works. Anything you don't understand, just ask, and we will try to help.

John
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hello @rayofsunshine

Thanks a lot for reaching out and I'm extremely sorry to hear that your service has been rather poor as of late. Tests on the line aren't picking up any specific issues with the network, a;though the downstream SNR is quite high given the Target SNR and Loop Loss. Despite this, drop outs can still be seen. The liune has also been banded quite heavily by DLM in order to try and preserve stability, which means you're getting speeds below 1MB at the moment.

Going forward, I'd recommend going down the engineer route, so please state your availability on the open fault Ticket on the account, and let me know on here once you've responded. Openreach appointments are generally between Monday - Friday, AM and PM slots.

AM - anytime between 8AM - 1PM

PM - anytime between 1PM -6PM

I've also sent you an email regarding some billing issues I've found on the account, which will now be in the process of being rectified. Can't discuss these in the public domain though.

KBD
xDSL Status Check
Circuit ID: CBUK78888809 Service ID:  
Telephone NO.: NA Test Executed On: 28-09-2021 10:22:40
xDSL Status Test Summary
Sync Status: Circuit In Sync
General Information
NTE Status:   NTE Power Status: PowerOn Bypass Status:  

Upstream DSL Link Information Downstream DSL Link Information
Loop Loss: 18.8 39.0
SNR Margin: 15.0 32.5
Errored Seconds: 0 0
HEC Errors: 0  
Cell Count: 133295 389656
Speed: 743 576

Maximum Stable Rate (KBPS): 13632 Fault Threshold Rate (KBPS): 10906
Mean Time Between Retrains (Seconds): 86400 Mean Time Between Errors Upstream (Seconds): 10800
Indicative Line Quality: G Mean Time Between Errors Downstream (Seconds): 43200
Custom Thresholds
MTBR_RED: MTBE_RED:
MTBR_GREEN: MTBE_GREEN:

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds