kbturner
Grafter

Re: Broadband speed deteriorating

Attached are the stats for the last 48 hours
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Hi stats look absolutely solid. With an average of just under 4 CRC errors per hour, and just over 3 ES. HEC errors similarly low can't really ask for much better on a non-interleaved line.
So it's just why the sync speed isn't at the top to give you a 7Mbps profile  - I'd expect you to notice the extra 0.5 Mbps improvement - and Upstream Interleaving still on - that bit is part of this ongoing 20CN issue.
kbturner
Grafter

So what more can be done?
Anotherone
Champion

We could ask CRT to take another look, but I've just re-read the thread to double check that there isn't anything that might have been missed .... and I want to double check a couple of things to do with filters and this "extension" socket. Are both the filters that you are currently using the two new ones that came with the TG582n? If not, which one is your older one?
kbturner
Grafter

Quote from: Anotherone
Are both the filters that you are currently using the two new ones that came with the TG582n?

No, both the filters are the old ones, but are swapped over from the original configuration
Anotherone
Champion

Ok. Could you do a graceful Disconnect, stay off for 10 minutes and replace both filters with the new ones.
kbturner
Grafter

Ok. Could you do a graceful Disconnect, stay off for 10 minutes and replace both filters with the new ones.
Done:
Uptime: 0 days, 0:02:15
DSL Type: ITU-T G.992.1
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 448 / 7,808
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [kB/kB]: 13.46 / 16.30
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 11.9 / 19.9
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 12.0 / 19.5
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 28.0 / 6.1
System Vendor ID (Local/Remote): TMMB / ----
Chipset Vendor ID (Local/Remote): BDCM / TSTC
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 0 / -
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 0 / -
Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / -
Loss of Link (Remote): -
Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 0 / -
FEC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 0
CRC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 0
HEC Errors (Up/Down): - / 0
I seem to have got a slight increase in sync speed ...
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

We can look at lowering the target SNR to 3db, but for the moment I'll see how your connection performs.
Tony
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
Anotherone
Champion

Tony, it's 20CN  Wink
Well kbturner, that slight increase of 32kbps is nothing and at least proves that all your filters are OK..
There is one remaining check you could do - the extension socket. No need to disconnect the modem/router for this or unplug anything.
Remove the lower faceplate from this "extension" socket - keep an eye on the SNRM - whilst I'm not expecting it to change, it may increase.
Then remove the 2 screws from the rear plate so you can have a look behind. As it's an old style, it should have two screw terminals marked A & B.
Whilst there shouldn't be any wires connected to them there may be,  or there may be a disconnected cable tucked behind.
In either case, describe any wires and cable you can see and precise colours and what they are connected to, if indeed there are any.
kbturner
Grafter

Remove the lower faceplate from this "extension" socket - keep an eye on the SNRM - whilst I'm not expecting it to change, it may increase.
Then remove the 2 screws from the rear plate so you can have a look behind. As it's an old style, it should have two screw terminals marked A & B.
Whilst there shouldn't be any wires connected to them there may be,  or there may be a disconnected cable tucked behind.
In either case, describe any wires and cable you can see and precise colours and what they are connected to, if indeed there are any.

Done.
There are no wires/cables behind the rear plate, either connected or disconnected, to the (three) terminals there.
Here's the latest stats:
Uptime: 2 days, 4:04:06
DSL Type: ITU-T G.992.1
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 448 / 7,808
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [MB/MB]: 75.79 / 495.81
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 11.9 / 19.9
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 12.0 / 19.5
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 28.0 / 6.3
System Vendor ID (Local/Remote): TMMB / ----
Chipset Vendor ID (Local/Remote): BDCM / TSTC
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 0 / -
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 0 / -
Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / -
Loss of Link (Remote): -
Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 192 / -
FEC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 0
CRC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 266
HEC Errors (Up/Down): - / 448
What next?
(PS Do you know anything about this product? http://www.getfullspeed.com/)
Anotherone
Champion

I'll have to look into that in more detail BUT a casual glance I will say don't bother with it. It will certainly not solve your sync speed and may well change settings on your computer that are already OK as well as possibly embed some spyware.
Stats are interesting, only up for 2 days and 4 hrs+ , did you power off? But you've now got no upstream FEC errors at present.
What next? I think Tony will come and have a look with a view to investigating the cause of you not getting 8128.
kbturner
Grafter

Stats are interesting, only up for 2 days and 4 hrs+ , did you power off?

I did this on the 17th:
Anotherone
Champion

Roll_eyes Sorry, a lot of water has gone under the bridge since then Embarrassed
kbturner
Grafter

Sorry, a lot of water has gone under the bridge ...

Tell me about it!
You and I have been chatting now for a full two weeks - and I'm very grateful for all your efforts - but I'm not seeing much sign of any improvement, and I'm beginning to lose heart.
What's your prognosis - am I going to be able to get back to the sort of performance I was seeing before this problem arose?
Anotherone
Champion

Yes, absolutely, in answer to your question. And don't forget the error rate on your line has now reduced as well.