cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband random instability

mushroom_daddy
Dabbler

Broadband random instability

In recent months I've begun to notice an increasing frequency of occasional, short term, broadband 'dropouts' in my Plusnet broadband service.  I'm not sure whether these are DSL/FTTC service failures to the property, or something else going on with my modem & mesh wifi system, which until the last few months had been pretty reliable.

Dropouts seem a bit random & short lived, with respect to time of day, and usually by the time I have have made it to check the modem the DSL light is stable.  

Is there anyway Plusnet agents can look at the stability history for the connection to my property?

4 REPLIES 4
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: Broadband random instability

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Full Fibre to Broadband.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

@mushroom_daddy What set up have you got at the moment? It would be useful to see some statistics before we made any suggestions.

John
mushroom_daddy
Dabbler

Thanks for your interest.

The modem is a Openreach HG612 and that connects to a WiFi mesh system (Tenda MW6-3).  It's all OK when working, which is indeed most of the time, but for the annoying occassional dropouts.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

OK - as I'm unfamiliar with either of those two items, does either of them provide any useful statistics - system up-time/error logs/connection data, w,h,y.?

John