Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband not working

jcj01
Dabbler

Broadband not working

Hello,

Since yesterday, 21st Sep around 18.30, we do not have broadband.

We raised a fault through the website form and it was identified as a service outage.

The expected fix time was today, on a second update this has changed to 23rd Sep 14.15

When I check the service status (https://plusnet.servicestatus.net/plusnet/status) it shows as all working and the only service fault raised today in the community has supposedly already been fixed.

As this is an outage why is this not reflected in the plusnet status? Is the only source of information the ticket raised?
Is the expectation to be left without broadband for 36 hours?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Re: Broadband not working

@jcj01 'It was identified as a service outage' A Plusnet service outage or a BT/OR one? If the second option, depending on what they find during the investigation , the time to resolve can move.

If it is a local problem to you, it will not affect others, and will not be reflected in PN's status monitor - that only covers major outages affecting large areas.

John
jcj01
Dabbler

Thanks for clarifying.
Unfortunately I don’t know if it is an issue with Plusnet or with BT/OR.
According to the ticket this was an ‘outage in the area’. Probably not a large enough area.

We are still waiting for a fix and we are not happy about it.

jab1
Legend

Probably a BT/OR infrastructure issue then, and I'm afraid there is nothing an ISP can do to expedite it.

John
jcj01
Dabbler

Noted. Does this mean that because it’s probably not a Plusnet Issue I have to remain without service? Because Plusnet is my provider and I have been without a paid service for 2 days now. What is to be done here? Thanks
jab1
Legend

I'm afraid so. If you have reported it officially as a fault, you should get recompense - i.e. the daily rate of your broadband payment from day  2 of the issue. Plusnet though, do not own or control the BT infrastructure - there is nothing they can do.

John
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @jcj01,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. I've attempted to test the line today however the results came back inconclusive. So I can assess the situation further, please could you confirm what the lights on your router are doing right now? (as in, what colour are they, are they solid or flashing, etc)

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
jcj01
Dabbler

Hello,
Thanks for your reply.
Currently the light is solid red with the broadband sign lit up.

Let me know if you need anything from our side.
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Thanks for confirming this. I can see our Faults Team are currently looking into arranging an engineer visit to investigate the matter further, as further troubleshooting has unfortunately not resolved the issue. Once an update becomes available we'll be in touch to let you know and I hope that we're able to resolve this case as soon as possible. If you have any questions regarding the investigation, please don't hesitate to add them onto this thread or onto the online fault ticket, via the Member Centre.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team