cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blinking B on router, no internet

gimperio
Hooked

Blinking B on router, no internet

There’s a blinking b on my router and there is no internet connection. I’ve checked my telephone wire and there is no signs of damage, but  the landline is unable to call phones. However, my account does say payment pending for today’s bill - just wondering, does broadband and telephone cable completely stop working if a payment hasn’t gone through yet? Payment should be resolved soon so just wondering in case it could be an issue with the telephone cable

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Blinking B on router, no internet

@gimperio Is your payment via direct Debit? If so, then the error(s) you are seeing are nothing to do with payment, more likely a network issue. Is your phone silent if you carry out a Quiet Line Test - dial 17070, select option 2?

John
gimperio
Hooked

Hi, yes it is silent when I dial 17070. 

Payments are also through direct debit. Money hasn’t been taken out of my account though. 

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

OK. In that case, report a BROADBAND problem via: https://www.plus.net/help/report-a-problem/broadband/ but be aware it won't be picked up until tomorrow morning.

Your payment doesn't instantly leave your account - the invoice states something to the effect of '£x amount will be taken on or around DD/MM/YY' and providing that is bank working day, that is when it is usually taken.

John
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

I'm really sorry for the inconvenience caused here @gimperio, I can imagine an intermittent line being a real pain. Testing the line this morning has found a fault on the phone (WLR) network. I've just raised this with Openreach, and we expect them to resolve the issue by EOD on 21/07/2022 all being well.

no access to your property will be required, the source of the issue is external, though if the engineer wants access to conduct some internal tests, they'll give you a buzz Smiley 

I've raised a fault ticket on your account, which you can both view and comment on for direct comms with our Tech Support Team. 

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds