cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Awful Service So Far!!!!

carrott78

Awful Service So Far!!!!

Hi guys,
I've been on the Plusnet Premium package for about 6 weeks and i have to say its been a terrible decision! The service has been a disgrace so far, im on a 7meg connection but have got nowhere near that speed so far. As im writing this im getting download speeds of 69k from my newsgroup account,  according to Plusnets own website  after midnight it shouldn't be throttled??? Even loading a web page at this time has been slow!! The so called support has been a joke just the same old crap all the time, how this provider has won awards in the past is beyond me!! Has anyone else has these issues and if so have you managed to get them sorted?Huh
Thanks
10 REPLIES 10
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Awful Service So Far!!!!

Can you post results from this http://speedtester.bt.com/
and this https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
carrott78

Speed Tester
Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.
Download  Speed
787 Kbps

0 Kbps 7150 Kbps
Max Achievable Speed
Download speedachieved during the test was - 787 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 600-7150 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :8064 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 7000 Kbps
Portal
Telephone number:
<removed>
Phone exchange:
TYNYGONGL
Estimated line speed:
6 - Checked on 2010-03-31 16:03:54
Current line speed:
jim:green phone number removed mod:end
pumpkin

Hi Carrot - yes I agree with you the customer service is abismal & only been with PN since 20/4 -16 days!!  Everyfin has gone wrong that could.  Lost phoneline for over a day (day before I was due to transfer), router not ordered till day I transferred, very few update calls then telling me to look online when I was not able to go online!  Spent a fortune on mobile phone calls to them to find out updates etc.  Told router delay due to my owing them p&p (since told this was wrong) - I wasnt asked for any money as it was free & would have gone on bill anyway.  Support staff are absolutely useless - Im still not able to go wireless & I keep being told I need a different thing each time I call & of which I cannot find anywhere!  Nearly reached my download limit for month trying to search out what I need.  Still not got the phone features I ordered back in in March, now I am told they will be activated after sev requests, but surprise, surprise, they've ordered the wrong one, the dearest one which I did not request!  Still at least they are consistent in their inefficiency!!!  Also can anyone understand the 'help' pages - they seem to be very confusing especially when you are all-inclusive for calls & they give you a monthly allowance of £75?? what's that all about!  I don't like not being able to just 'reply' when being sent support emails - you have to go to their site & find questions etc.etc.  Oh by the way I am still being sent emails to Tiscali by Plusnet!  Reminded them several times that I have changed provider to someone called Plusnet but they do not seem to be able to grasp it!!!  I agree with you - HOW DID THEY GET AWARDS??? 
As its Election Day I can't help singing a certain pol party's song "Things can only get better"!  But look what a muckup they made of everything!!!  I live in hopes that someone, some day will be able to help me go wireless????????  Have a nice day  x Crazy Cheesy Grin Grin
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi pumpkin,
I just tried calling you to discuss this, unfortunately you aren't accepting anonymous calls so I can't get through on the landline and there's no answer on your mobile.
If it's alright please can you update your ticket with a time and number so I can give you a call to discuss this?
Thanks very much, and sorry about the experience there.
torbayguy
Grafter

Pumpkin, Carrot, I have had numerous problems also, and have been a customer just over a month.
I have been told lies by customer service, had my phone disconnected, have terrible broadband speeds when my line is capable of stable 17meg speeds, I have been over charged, had invoices between billing dates, had orders cancelled for no reason, the list goes on.
The staff are polite and promise the earth, but they just say what they think you want to hear, and nothing actually gets done.
I have challenged Plusnet every step of the way, trying to get the correct service I am paying for, but now, its like the staff are sick of dealing with me, because on this forum, and through the ticket system, they dont even have the courtesy to give me a reply!
I still have an invoice pending for call charges that shouldnt be there, and a pathetically slow broadband, and have had NO RESPONSE at all from a single member of customer service, not even the likes of AdamWalker or Mand, who likes to offer the world but produce nothing!
So, I have signed up to O2 yesterday, adn handed over my mac code, Im just waiting for the switch.
My advice, dump this cowboy firm and brush them into the gutter.
People say you get what you pay for.  Plusnet arent even good value for money!!
carrott78

Torbayguy,
Have you had to pay off all of your contract in order to cancel?
torbayguy
Grafter

No carrott, they cant do that.
You can cancel at any time, and then a final bill is produced, but, in my case I have grounds to refuse any cancellation charge.
Plusnet wont get a single penny more out of me!
All you need to do is ask for a mac code, which they MUST do.
They will try to change your mind by offering you this and that, but stand firm.
You dont need to do anything else.
Just sign up with a new supplier, they do all the work for you.
carrott78

Torbayguy, is the final bill just the set up fee and the router etc and not the remaining 11 months of my contract? If  thats the case looks like it would cost me about £120 to cancel.
torbayguy
Grafter

I dont know about you, but Im on a monthly contract.
Either way, you shouldnt get a final bill until after cancellation.
And if your service is as bad as mine, then simply tell them you wont pay.
What can they do? Take you to court, so you can then claim costs and compensation against Plusnet because of their shocking customer service and lack of supplied services.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

@carrott78
You'll need to let us know via http://faults.plus.net or updating the open ticket on your account letting us know that you're having problems otherwise we don't know and can't do anything to help you.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.