cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone know why STV Player does not work?

N0rman

Anyone know why STV Player does not work?

I'm on full fibre, parental controls are off, located in Scotland. Tried three laptops and two smart TVs with no joy. Works on the iPhone when wifi is turned off... Worked fine when we were on BT prior. Unsure what else to try...

4 REPLIES 4
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Anyone know why STV Player does not work?

STV Player works fine here for me in Inverness. It may be worth checking if your IP address is coming up with incorrect geolocation information.

Try going to https://whatismyipaddress.com/ - it should show your IPv4 address and ISP, although mine says British Telecom... There's also a map showing where they think you are - mine is a few miles off, but if they think you are not in Scotland, that may explain the problem.

Unless you have a static IP address, you can change yours by disconnecting your router and reconnecting. Leave it disconnected for a while, or you may just get the same one again. 30 minutes ought to do it.

Assuming your IP address has changed, check again where they think you are, and try STV Player again.

N0rman

Thanks, I give this a go. Turning off the router these days is like turning off the water, gas and electricity, lol.

Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

You shouldn't need to power your router off; there should be a Disconnect option in the router's interface and a corresponding Connect option when it is already disconnected.
The problem with just pulling the power is there is a slight possibility that your speed could be affected by DLM, especially if you do this repeatedly.
Let us know how it goes.
N0rman

Thanks! Working now after turning off router for an hour. Cheers!