cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone got slow browsing again?

Azagoth
Grafter

Re: Anyone got slow browsing again?

On pcl-ag01 and the internet is nigh on unusable at the moment.  Getting constant time-outs and pages taking minutes to load here.
Blackthornehous
Dabbler

Fine during the day but in the evenings getting very tired of the current situation. Download speeds of 6.4MBS during the day which drop by half in the evenings. This I can accept but what is really winding me up is the continuous 'problem loading this page' messages. OK I know the page will load if I leave it for a bit but this never happened before on a regular basis and is more than frustrating if you only want to check a TV listing or similar page where an 'instant' answer is required.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm on "thn-ag1" and speed has dropped from 3600Kbps at lunchtime, to 200Kbps right now.
I would normally expect 5500Kbps to 6850Kbps at this time of day.
My router stats are the same as they are under normal conditions.
Grff
Grafter

facebook: 30+ seconds to load my home page
ebay: 40+ seconds to fully load homepage
That was at around 9.45. pm
Seems to be better now at 10.10pm.  Go figure.  Huh
Although, MS sites are a pain in the rear, microsoft.com, xbox website. Took a good minute to load up my friends list's avatars on xbox's website.
Download speed is up around 3.5, which should yeild better browsing on the sites you use most on an evening.

ClaretMatt
Grafter

Web browsing like wading through treacle here.
City Lifeline, Juniper 9
5009 Download speed
Oh, and very poor ping times
I would venture a suggestion that Plusnet's advertising campaign has worked well and that it has bitten off more than it can chew customer-wise
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re:Anyone got slow browsing again?

Hi all,
We've got another segment of capacity gone live this morning, that's going to be added to the THN-AG2 gateway. You should find things improved as a result.
Grff
Grafter

Well, as of 10.20 this evening, this Amazon page took around a minute to load
http://www.amazon.co.uk/RGB-Component-Video-Splitter/dp/B000RJJ0XW
Facebook login page took over 30 seconds to fully load.  That's not even logged in and loading any pictures.
I do hope it's not things slowing down again.  But then, I only tend to gaming so don't know if it actually improved for any length of time.  Roll_eyes
It's not my connection per se, as a speedtest shows fine download speeds

Are we still having issues with certain content hosting sites at 'peak' times.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Well we were warned that the Network would be on plan B management this evening (and again tomorrow evening) http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1258133233.htm
But to make it worse, there's a Gateway down as well http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1258297848.htm
Grff
Grafter

Quote from: Anotherone
Well we were warned....

I must have missed the 'warning'.  I sometimes have other things to do than trawl the forum or website for information about naff browsing speeds 'again'.
To think I still pay £21.99 when web browsing on the most popular sites crawls along.  If it wasn't for the gaming and having to shift all my e-mail addresses, I'd have jumped ship weeks ago.  Roll_eyes
Anotherone
Champion

I sympathise totally. They have, it seems got to the root causes and fixes are in hand. Improvements were showing late Thursday/Friday/early Saturday until the latest. Let's hope the fixes are all implemented soon.
Edit: If you use Firefox or come to that any RSS reader, you can have an RSS feed of the Service Status.
Grff
Grafter

I've got the RSS feed in Outlook, but only use it at work, so don't see it at weekends. I'm off this week so hopefully they'll get it sorted, or it's fine, during the day.
Azagoth
Grafter

Warned?  I wasn't warned!
pierre_pierre
Grafter

If I remember correctly, James told you several times the problem that you have is not at the PN end and you keep choosing to ignore any help
Grff
Grafter

I assume that wasn't directed at me.  Huh
Anotherone
Champion

No Griff, it wasn't, don't worry Smiley