cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation

Ayeelanaa

Activation

It's my switch day. My previous internet is no longer available, however, I can't manage to connect to Plusnet. I've entered my xxx@plusdsl.net username and password into the advanced broadband settings and it pops up with 'Disconnected ✓'.

It's been a few hours since my old internet went down. I've never had so much downtime during a switch and I work from home so, I'm a little worried.
6 REPLIES 6
Ayeelanaa

Re: Activation

Just as a follow up, I have received my activated email and am receiving the CHAP error message, failure to authenticate in the router log. My password and username are correct.
Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 86

Hi @Ayeelanaa welcome to the forum.

Which password are you using? It should be the same one used for the members centre, make sure your not using autocomplete a word as this can add a space to the end of the word!

If its not that try a factory reset using a paper clip or sim card removal key pushed in the reset hole at the back of the hub until the light goes off or turns green (about 25 seconds). This will ensure the hub is registered to the management system which should auto log you in.

Dan

Ayeelanaa

Hi,

I'm using the password I use in member centre. I tried factory resetting, let that do its thing and am still receiving the following:

PPP: CHAP Receive success: authentication failure
PPP: CHAP Authentication failed
PPP: LCP down
PPP: LCP Send Termination Request (Failed to authenticate ourselves to peer)
Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 86

Try try changing the password to a alpha and numeric combination as some special characters can cause a problem.

Make sure you click on disconnect before changing the password on the hub

Ayeelanaa

Hi, it's fixed. Customer services on the phone activated the broadband for me Smiley thanks for your help.
Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60