cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About time for an 100GB Monthly limit

cnj39

Re: About time for an 100GB Monthly limit

Not sure if I agree with you here. I am a light user but all it takes is twenty minutes or so watching you tube or bbc
I player and you find a massive allowance has been eaten into in one day. Also how much software is installed via a CD these days. The software suppliers are all making use of downloads via the net to cut down on products costs. This is good for the consumer as well because they can get instant access to the software.....good that is unless you have a 10gb broadband limit. To continue this theme there are constant Windows upgrades to download all of which eat into the allowance.
Lastly the rest of the world is promoting streaming and the like and Plusnet need to respond.  Smiley
Bobsta
Grafter

cnj39 I think you're missing the point. 10GB is the Value (aka entry level) product. It's very cheap for a reason. If you need more, go to extra. Beyond that there's the 120GB trial.
I can't see how anyone can complain that the "bottom of the range" service doesn't meet their needs. Pick a different service if it doesn't suit you.
KevinG
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I couldn't agree more - I found 10GB adequate before I went FTTC and my family and I did all the usual stuff, Youtube, downloads, etc., mostly in peak time, and upgrading to 60GB only costs £5 per month.
cnj39

Picking a different provider is what I plan to do. However I still maintain it is Plusnet who are missing the point. On the community page there is an article that tv streaming is the future. Also Microsoft are keen to push subscriptions for Office 2013 with cloud storage. All of this will require a forester allowance than 10gb. A "value"product that is not future proofed will not be much value for long.
x47c
Grafter

I take your point about streaming TV.....
but the idea that Plusnset's domestic customers are all going to be rushing out buying office 2013 at however many hundred pounds and storing vast gigabytes od excel spreadsheets and multi page word documents in the cloud really is pushing the fantasy level a bit.
Trouble is in these discusisons we have no idea of Plusnets customer profile, much less how many customers PN are gaining or loosing.
On the one hand
It might be for example that the overwhelming majority of them are using well within their allotted usage limits and in reality the only ones clamouring for increased usage are the handful on this forum. Though one should always point out that in general for every complainer there are several more in the background who cannot be bothered to complain.
On the other hand it might be that there are a significant number using and paying for extra usage and raising the usage limits would mean that they would no longer be paying extra - with the result that Plusnet would loose a significant amount of income.
quelquod
Pro
Fixes: 1

Quote from: x47c
I take your point about streaming TV.....
but the idea that Plusnset's domestic customers are all going to be rushing out buying office 2013 at however many hundred pounds and storing vast gigabytes od excel spreadsheets and multi page word documents in the cloud really is pushing the fantasy level a bit.

I quite agree with this. I'm a relatively intensive internet user as I maintain a number of web sites and until recently worked from home running graphics packages remotely and never exceeded the 15Gb limit of my legacy package. So it depends a lot on what you do. Not many people buy a 4Gb software CD every month (but I guess quite a few download demonstration versions  Shocked and so forth).
Quote from: x47c
Trouble is in these discusisons we have no idea of Plusnets customer profile, much less how many customers PN are gaining or loosing.
On the one hand
It might be for example that the overwhelming majority of them are using well within their allotted usage limits and in reality the only ones clamouring for increased usage are the handful on this forum. Though one should always point out that in general for every complainer there are several more in the background who cannot be bothered to complain

And in the background too are presumably thousands who are happy but don't feel a need to keep posting just to say how happy they are.
I think that since PN do a range of packages it's really down to individual users to choose the package that best suits them, not just choose the cheapest and then complain.
Democracy - 3 wolves and a lamb voting about what to have for lunch!