cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL2 gateway problems Ticket ID: 31337606

Robskiwarrior
Grafter

Re: ADSL2 gateway problems Ticket ID: 31337606

I thought I had raised one? lol  I will raise another... maybe I raised the wrong thing haha...
Edit: I have raised one - it says I have to cancel this one before raising another...
Edit: Updated the first post with things that have been done physically by me so we don't have to ask the same questions again and again Smiley
Robskiwarrior
Grafter

Update:
The awesome Keith called, we were able to clear up some things and find out that BT should have closed the fault I raised, but didn't, so we got stuck there not being able to start anything more.
Fault has now been closed so we can move onwards!
Robskiwarrior
Grafter

Not much happened since - but I suppose it has been new year, gotta give guys a break sometimes eh.
Been promised some movement tomorrow though - lets see what happens Smiley
Robskiwarrior
Grafter

Spoke to one of the dudes on Saturday evening... STILL nothing moving that I can see... no ticket updates, nothing.  Still got huge lag/ping/packet loss and disconnections.
Please this is getting silly....
Robskiwarrior
Grafter

I think there is an echo in here...
Mand
Grafter

Hi,
The fault has now been raised as a BB fault, so we should see some progress soon.
Robskiwarrior
Grafter

Awesome Mand,
Thanks very much yet again Smiley
- Rob
Robskiwarrior
Grafter

So the trauma continues....
I have to say that due to the "Big Freeze" there has hardly been anyone in - so you know its really a bad time to have a fault... but now I really need my connection back as work is getting busy again - FTP just doesn't work and websites time out constantly... I can't use Skype to conference with my clients - im pretty much shafted while I watch this now game of tennis between Plusnet and BT... "its your fault, not its your fault"
Sigh... my clients understand only for so long - and I don't want to annoy them as much as I am being annoyed here myself...
ADSL2 is the problem - can't I just be downgraded back to the old gateway, seems as it was that which broke it anyway...
Mand
Grafter

We can switch you back if you really really want to.
That will take a week though.
In the meantime, I've asked our resident ADSL2+ expert (Rami) to take a look and see what magic he can work with BT (he's been known to work miracles for a few round these parts ;)).
Robskiwarrior
Grafter

Well if it will take a week - might as well try and fix it now lol
I'm all for Rami, Rami power I say!  Work that BT Magic...
Have an engineer booked now - which is always good - I hope he can find something with his magical equipment...
Lets get this sorted Cheesy

Mand
Grafter

Here's hoping the engineer can get it sorted. Smiley
Robskiwarrior
Grafter

Hey!
SO the man came with his box of line test tricks - he did the tests requested by plusnet and everything is fine, its actually a very good line with no faults at all now.  Atleast we know the guys actually fixed the battery fault properly.
This isn't too surprising being that everything was awesome until the upgrade, my ex-IT techy fault finding nose is still twitching at that issue...
So Mand, being that there are no line issues, can you let Rami attack it fully so that we can get this sorted - I'm really struggling with getting my work done when I can't use FTP because of this stupid packet loss...
Thanks for your help in all this!
Robskiwarrior
Grafter

Got a nice phonecall this afternoon which was awesome, going to try and regrade the line - which I think in plusnet speak that is to go from ADSL2 back to ADSL "oldSchool", because I never had an issue until that change took place... SO hopefully it can be sorted that way...
here's hopin...
Mand
Grafter

I don't know if Rami's spoken to you again, as I'm at home now, but we've got one more option before changing you back to standard MaxDSL. The order only takes a day so it's worth a shot IMO and I've given Rami the go ahead (hope that's ok ;)). It basically gives you priority traffic weighting.
If that doesn't work, we'll look at the change back to standard Max.
Robskiwarrior
Grafter

Hey Mand,
Thanks for all you guys have done, I know its been difficult over the past few weeks weather and holidays etc...
Yea I hope it does, I must say I am not too optimistic to be honest, but I am up for trying anything Cheesy  Although it it does improve I am guessing its BT's issue as you are telling them to prioritise my traffic, which means BT must hate me. haha.
I mean why packet loss... im pretty sure the connection only dies sometimes because it times out on a packet getting stuck - its really baffling.  I just think I would have to be right way down at the bottom of the food chain on a packed exchange for my priority to be effected that greatly... but bah - what do I know about how its organised Smiley
Anyway - yes lets see how this goes!
Thanks again.
- Rob Smiley