Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL2+ Annex M Trial

deadkenny
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: ADSL2+ Annex M Trial

If you want a fall back option, I've got Annex M as an option on my router also. However currently I've been having line issues (maybe it's my filters, maybe not), and also couldn't get onto ADSL2 at all, though there was a known BT fault on 21CN in the 01483 area which covers me. They've resolved that now so I'll see if it will serve it up again.
Edit: Forget it for now. Phone line is in a bad state. BT dragging their feet over sending an engineer out. If I'm really lucky, then maybe I'll have a working line after 8th Feb.
haardman
Dabbler

Please add my username (rocksolidit) to the trial.
I'll be using a ZyXEL P-660R-D1
Thanks
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Thanks but unfortunately the list has been sent off now so I can't add any more at the moment, we might add some more later on if we want to expand the trial but at the moment there's no more slots available. For those others who we've sent off we expect the list back from BT early next week as to whose lines have been accepted and the trial to begin early March.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
w23
Pro

Hi Dave,
Can I reasonably assume that participation in the DLM trial would not necessarily prevent taking part in this as well?
Thanks,
Alastair.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Nope, if you're down on both then there's no problem, the DLM trial is set to end around 26th February, the Annex M trial will start around 8th March. I should note that regrading to Annex M will reset the DLM profile as Annex M has a new set of profiles as the upload has different rates.
Dave Tomlinson
Plusnet Technology
w23
Pro

Thanks Dave  Smiley
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
zubel
Community Veteran

If we are selected for the Annex M trial, will we be able to specify up/down SNRs - the reason I ask is if I allow DLM to look after my line, my downstream sync will drop to a 6 meg banded profile, instead of the 15meg I have atm.
Cheers dave
B.
Mav
Fixes: 515

Hi Dave - Only just noticed this thread.
If you have any spaces coming up I'm happy to be added. Currently using a netgear DG834G but do have the thomson available for use.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Barry - I'll let you know once we've got the dataset yet.
Mav - no places left at the moment unfortunately, if there are later on I'll keep you and the others that have asked in mind.
Dave Tomlinson
Plusnet Technology
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

We've got our 10 lines back and from the list here the following 2 customers have been selected:
soft360lap1
jamesd
The remaining lines are made up of staff, test lines and customers identified by our business support team. The trial is due to start around 8th March, we won't move all the lines on day 1, they'll moved across a couple at a time. I'll be in touch a bit nearer the time to arrange to send out a router and when we'll switch you across.
Dave Tomlinson
Plusnet Technology
Be3G
Grafter

Do I presume I'm not on it either? (I just ask as I never actually posted in this thread, seeing as we discussed it on IRC.)
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Unfortunately not Thomas, if we get any more slots later on in the trial then I'll get back to everyone then.
Dave Tomlinson
Plusnet Technology
Be3G
Grafter

Ah well, I'll live. Smiley Thanks for clarifying.
amourr01

I'd be interested in going on a future trial.
I'm currently on 21CN ADSL 2+
I've got a Billion 7800 Router which supports Annex M.
Regards,
Rob.
scootie
Grafter

worth a read for those that are going on annex m. the zyxel routers are best at getting good upsync with out losing very much on the downstream
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/4144-how-fast-is-your-broadband-router.html