Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL broad speed

FIXED
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Re: ADSL broad speed

Progress - of sorts. Might be an idea to get the next engineer to check the fixings of your main socket, Richard - something tells me that may have a bearing on the issue, but I could be wrong.

John
richardmontagu
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Fix

Hi John,

The engineer's appointment still stands and I am now told that he will continue to monitor the situation after his visit. I will follow your advice and get the main socket checked.

I am content with the 10mbps, which is still happening this morning. At least we can watch Netflix and catch-up without buffering. Role on fttp, which is promised this autumn. I think the matter is resolved for the present and I want to thank you for all your support, it really is appreciated.

richardmontagu
Dabbler

Gandalf seems to have fixed the problem for the time being. Still getting 10mbps this morning with engineer's visit scheduled for tomorrow and a promise that the situation will be monitored after the visit. Thanks, too, for your help and interest in this matter. It is much appreciated and I doubt there would have been a resolution without it.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Richard - I hope the 'fix' applied by @Gandalf holds out for you until the engineer has been - I am still of the opinion that there is a problem somewhere - possibly in the BT/OR infrastructure - which needs resolving. Hopefully the engineer will be able to isolate and fix it. Let us know how it goes, please.

As I am also retired, so long as I'm not on my travels or otherwise engaged, I'm happy to help where I can.

John
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

I'm glad to see your speed's back up.

Fingers crossed it holds and the engineer's able to fix the underlying problem.

Let me know how the visit goes tomorrow. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
richardmontagu
Dabbler

Engineer called at 0800hrs this morning and spent 45mins testing the line, etc. He maintained that the house system was fine and that he was getting speeds up to 12mbps, but he wanted to check the cabinet. He returned about an hour later and said he had made a couple of adjustments and that the line was running perfectly and I should continue to get speeds of 10-12mbps. I will be happy with this and don’t believe I can expect any more on a copper connection a considerable distance from the cabinet. So assuming the speed remains as he predicts I will be content. Again, thanks for your help.

Richard

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Cheers for the update!

Cool, fingers crossed that the engineers efforts will keep your speed from dropping down again.

If you need any further help, feel free to post back anytime. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet