Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Few Internet Requests.

LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: A Few Internet Requests.

Hi MickHowes1,
Sorry about your wait! We're having a look into this for you and we'll provide an update as soon as we can.
MickHowes1
Grafter

Well if its possible just to fix the disconnections without the upload being capped, make it happen. if not please cap my upload again as i am buying a new xb1 and stuff for it friday(£600) altoghether and if i keep disconnecting from it on the internets behalf i WONT be happy.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

From the sound of it you are on a 20CN only exchange (like me) and now paying the extra £7.83 per month for the faster uploads with Max Premium.
I had no end of issues with Max Premium when I moved to this house which took many months to resolve properly. There are different providers of 20CN equipment and one of them (Marconi) has a known bug that on Max Premium huge numbers of errors are logged when the phone rings for an incoming call (even if no handsets are plugged in). Is this the issue you are seeing?
My saga is documented here: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,113083.0.html
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 161

Jelv,
Might sight of the router stats indicate the equipment type in the exchange?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jelv
Seasoned Hero

That was going to be my next question if he confirmed this is the issue he's seeing (there are distinctive entries in the stats). If the disconnections are not associated with incoming calls it is something else so there's no need to investigate that.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Jelv,
Quote from: jelv
huge numbers of errors are logged when the phone rings for an incoming call (even if no handsets are plugged in). Is this the issue you are seeing?

If he has no handset plugged in, he will not know if he is or is not seeing this issue... if the router stats disclose the exchange equipment type, that would also serve to indicate if this is a potential factor.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Quote from: Townman
If he has no handset plugged in, he will not know if he is or is not seeing this issue...

I think 'Jelv' was implying that while running RouterStats to monitor the ADSL characteristics, that 'MickHowes1' uses a mobile phone to make a call to the landline number to see what the effect of the ringing voltage is on the broadband (even though there will be no telephone connected).
jelv
Seasoned Hero

^
What he said
Except that I didn't even need to watch RouterStats. Ring the phone using the mobile (I couldn't answer the call without a handset plugged in) and about 10 seconds later Sync was lost.
MickHowes1
Grafter

The problem lies with this upload speed crap. PROMISE you consistent connection when u have max premium yet when u get it u get more disconnections than u had before... when i had no max premium i never used to disconnect... now i have it i wanna stab people.... Such a joke... PLUSNET CAP MY UPLOAD AND STOP MY DISCONNECTIONS
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Calm down and give sensible answers and we (your fellow customers) might be able to help you get to the bottom of what's going on.
From the sound of it you are on a 20CN only exchange (like me) and now paying the extra £7.83 per month for the faster uploads with Max Premium.
I had no end of issues with Max Premium when I moved to this house which took many months to resolve properly. There are different providers of 20CN equipment and one of them (Marconi) has a known bug that on Max Premium huge numbers of errors are logged when the phone rings for an incoming call (even if no handsets are plugged in). Is this the issue you are seeing?
Anonymous
Not applicable

@'MickHowes1' - the quickest way to get this sorted out, is to leave your line in it's currently faulty state, and then follow the Plusnet faults troubleshooter via http://faults.plus.net/.
Because your line IS in a faulty state, then the Plusnet faults engineers will be able to see what is wrong and do something about it.
If you have your upstream cap reinstated, you will just be masking the problem, making future diagnostics of poor performance more difficult.
Just get your line to the worst configuration possible, if following the trouble shooter doesn't fix it, then Plusnet/BT will have to do something.
BUT YOU HAVE TO RAISE A FAULT REPORT VIA THE FAULTS TROUBLESHOOTER !
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

^
What he said
Except that I didn't even need to watch RouterStats. Ring the phone using the mobile (I couldn't answer the call without a handset plugged in) and about 10 seconds later Sync was lost.

Fair do's Jelv!
I was thinking along the lines of "without a phone plugged in, when he sees the synch drop, how could he know if someone was calling him?".
Your angle is quite valid if one could be sure that ALL inbound calls will cause the problem (as in your case), rather than just some of them.  Conversely, I have seen inbound calls be the thing that made my router synch up again after hours of not succeeding.
Whatever, Purleigh has clearly identified the forward path for the OP to attain resolution of this issue.  Anything else is guess work.

Cheers,
Kevin

LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

MickHowes1,
We've removed Max Premium from your account to cap your upload, however, the order to cap your upload again isn't going through in our supplier's systems. I've raised this to them and am awaiting a response from a manager regarding this. Once we've got the green light we'll confirm when the order is in place.
MickHowes1
Grafter

Disconnected 3 times in the last hour now.. this is a joke please get this order completed or im gonna have to go elsewhere.. taking the piss now!
MickHowes1
Grafter

PLusnet is terrible!!!

oK so i get max premium to make my internet better but it has actually made in worse andnow every 10 15 minutes it disconnects me from everything and when i try load a webpage it comes up with this screen http://gyazo.com/54ab345315d4ab97b82238d2d16b4720 Internet is an absolute joke.. TAKE MAX PREMIUM OFF NOW OR IM GOING OFCOM. sick of this crap!