cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6 weeks with no service

Louiseb4

6 weeks with no service

It’s been all but 6 weeks with no internet from plus net. We keep getting fobbed off by saying a traffic management plan is needed. We live on a very quiet single track road and when by came to fix the fault for our neighbours I never saw any kind of traffic management going on. It seems they have reconnected the two neighbours of ours that are in fibre but not is. This has been costing us a fortune with having to buy extra data for our phones and eventually a dongle to enable us to continue working and living here. I’m at my wits end with this company and don’t know where to complain to.
8 REPLIES 8
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: 6 weeks with no service

@Louiseb4  Welcome to the forum.

You will find the official complaints contact information here. https://www.plus.net/help/legal/complaints-code-of-practice/
However be aware that your Internet service is provided by Openreach through Plusnet. Plusnet will be simply passing on information they receive from Openreach so they are not fobbing you off.

No two faults or cable routes are the same so you can’t assume that because your neighbours have been repaired that yours will not be more difficult.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Louiseb4

We are three houses at the end of the line. There is no one past us. The damage was done during a storm which cut all three houses off. Now the two neighbours are reconnected (both fibre) but us who are not fibre haven’t been reconnected. Thank you for the link to the complaint form. I’m trying to figure out if I can leave plusnet and go direct with bt or someone else as the response time to this problem is getting ridiculous. Working from home with no internet for 6 weeks has cost me a fortune with mobile data. I feel like I’m paying for a service that I’m not receiving and doesn’t even seem to be resolved. I understand now why plusnet are cheap. Should of paid the extra for bt.
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 49

@Louiseb4 

Moving ISP won't help - if it's down for PlusNet it'll be down for any ISP. Until OpenReach fix the problem there's little you can do.

Brian

Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Feedback to ADSL

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 49

@Louiseb4 

"Fibre" can mean FTTC (via the existing copper cable) or FTTP (via pure fibre cable). When you say your neighbours are on "fibre" which do you mean.

Brian

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @Louiseb4, thanks for getting in touch on our community forums. 

I'm truly sorry to hear of the length of time you've been without a service caused by the storms and can absolutely appreciate this must be frustrating, especially when your neighbours are now connected. Please know that it is of course not the experience we want you to be having. 

I'd like take a look over this for you and ensure that we are currently doing all we can for you to get this sorted. Can you please send me over a PM with your username so I can take a look? To send a PM, click on my name and then to the right, there will be a grey button to 'send private message' and in the message please include a link to this thread.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Louiseb4

Sorry for not replying but had starting seeking legal advice and was warned not to. Basically we ended up having no service for pretty much 60 days. We had to chase this daily and still felt like we didn’t matter. We accrued nearly £400 in compensation which I was told on the phone could be credited to my bank rather than put on my account, because I had explained that I had lost work, couldnt send invoices, was paying for things like Netflix which were unusable, had to buy numerous data bolt ons for my mobile phone to try and keep earning money to pay my mortgage, Now we have been given the compensation we have been told that they cannot pay it into our account and can only be credited on our bill. So I was also lied to on the phone. It’s now going to cost me £175 to leave plusnet just so we can get the compensation we were owed on stuff we had to pay out on in times of finiancial hardship. I’m so disgusted by the customer service I’ve received I will implore anyone I know never to use plusnet. I’ve been a customer a number of years but being outright lied to and not being able to be reimbursed has crossed the line.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi @Louiseb4

I'm really sorry to see this. While we can't refund goodwill gestures or compensation to a bank account, I'd like to look into this for you still as I may be able to get a cheque sent out to you instead, which you could deposit yourself to your bank.

I can also make sure feedback is passed on to the relevant advisers regarding any incorrect information you've been given.

Can you private message me your account username please? This will allow me to look into your account. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet