Re: £5 for 5GB

and I assume that Value will still be stuck on ADSL1 but extra can have ADSL2
Be3G
Grafter

Quote from: Oldjim
Am I the only one who thinks this is cloud cuckoo economics

Nope.
So will Extra have the same traffic management profiles as Value then? Because I remember Plusnet claiming that the removal of the Unlimited product was because you deduced that people wanted less usage but less restrictive traffic management… hence Premium. If Extra has the same traffic management as Value, that means we'll be looking at another u-turn – and Plusnet are starting to make so many of those that I'm getting dizzy.
Be3G
Grafter

By the way, I'm moving this to Community Support as the topic has now become a generic discussion about Plusnet's pending product changes rather than a rant.
Mand
Grafter

Quote from: jelv
Slip of the finger?

Yep, thanks.
Mand
Grafter

Quote from: pierre_pierre
and I assume that Value will still be stuck on ADSL1 but extra can have ADSL2

Yeah, Value is still upto 8Mb, whereas Extra and Pro are upto 20Mb.
Mand
Grafter

Quote from: Be3G
So will Extra have the same traffic management profiles as Value then? Because I remember Plusnet claiming that the removal of the Unlimited product was because you deduced that people wanted less usage but less restrictive traffic management… hence Premium. If Extra has the same traffic management as Value, that means we'll be looking at another u-turn – and Plusnet are starting to make so many of those that I'm getting dizzy.

The management will be more akin to Premium  than Value.
Be3G
Grafter

In that case, that's a better answer than I was expecting. Sounding to me like Extra will be a very tasty product then. Smiley
Snarf
Grafter

Will there be a chance to activate before the 12th? I think our billing date is the 11th and these things usually take place from the next billing date!
Addnan
Grafter

I have a relative who is on Plusnet premium and wanted to know if the new "Extra" will still have the free off peak downloads? and is it possible to downgrade packages.
thanks
Mand
Grafter

Quote from: Snarf
Will there be a chance to activate before the 12th? I think our billing date is the 11th and these things usually take place from the next billing date!

Any existing product changes scheduled when the new stuff rolls out will be honoured.
Mand
Grafter

Quote from: Addnan
I have a relative who is on Plusnet premium and wanted to know if the new "Extra" will still have the free off peak downloads? and is it possible to downgrade packages.
thanks

Yep, there'll still be off-peak downloads (between midnight and 8am) and yep you'll be able to change from Premium.
Snarf
Grafter

Quote from: Mand
Any existing product changes scheduled when the new stuff rolls out will be honoured.

Sorry Mand, probably me being daft but I assumed that the Extra package wouldn't be on the website until the 12th April? Was just wondering if my billing date was the 11th then technically I wouldn't be changed to Extra until 12th May.
Mand
Grafter

Ah, sorry my bad, I thought you were talking about moving to Premium.
Yeah, if your billing date is the 11th you wouldn't be moved 'til May, is your billing date the 11th or is this hypothetical? Cheesy
xpcomputers
Grafter

Quote from: Be3G
In that case, that's a better answer than I was expecting. Sounding to me like Extra will be a very tasty product then. Smiley

Yes. I think EXTRA is going to be a big hit.
£5 more than the new price of VALUE (eg same as one extra 5GB block).
For that money, you will get over the VALUE product:

• 50GB extra data transfer - eg 60GB compared with 10GB (or compared to 15GB on VALUE with the 5GB block added).

• Better traffic profile = faster for most services most of the day.

• Opportunity to be on ADSL2 if your exchange is enabled = Faster line speed.

Compared to outgoing PREMIUM product:

• You will lose 20GB data transfer allowance eg 60GB compared to 80GB on PREMIUM

• You will save £4.50 a month in market 3 or £2 a month Market 1 & 2. (£11.49 compared to £15.99 in M3, and £17.99 compared to £19.99 in M1 & M2)

Obviously it won't be the product for everyone:

• Those with biggest download appetites will still want the extra 20GB so will want to stick on PREMIUM (or grab it now before it goes off sale!).

• Those who only download a bit more than 10GB, but want quality, might be tempted by the £16.49 lower price for 20GB prioritised traffic of the PRO product in Market 3.

• Those who are happy with the speed and data bandwidth of VALUE, should stay with that product and save the wodge of cash per month!

BUT... for everyone else, EXTRA is likely to become a real staple product for lots of people. It is fast. It is affordable. It is generous in size. It will provide most people with a huge safety margin of extra data so they needn't fear using iPlayer etc. It is a mainstream package to suit the majority!
I am VERY happy to see this product arriving on the shelves and suspect it will be a huge success both for current users upgrading and downgrading, and in also reaching new customers to Plusnet!
Praise where praise is due... Top Marks for EXTRA.
Mike