cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*21CN ONLY* Do you think your PN profile is not updating as it should?

chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: *21CN ONLY* Do you think your PN profile is not updating as it should?

Hi Paul4,
Your profile is now correct, you should now see an increase Smiley
paul4

Thanks Chris, that's sorted it, running at 4.7 Mb  Smiley
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: chrispurvey
@W23
I'm going to watch yours closely to see what happens. I can see your sync speed has dropped, just waiting for our profile to change.

No sign of any change at my end.  Is it worth trying a PPP drop (or a resync - don't worry about DLM, sync looks to have been solid for over 78 hours)?
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I've changed your profile to what it should be, I've also got the data from your report and sent this off for some further investigation.
slau

Hi,
Can I get my line profile updated. It should be 21.68Mb.
Many thanks
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi slau.
I've changed that for you.
Also, welcome to the community forums Smiley
w23
Pro

@ chris,
another resync around 22:50 last night (smaller change in D/S rate), again OK to wait and see what the system does.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@w23
Let's see if it changes, the delta report has come through. I'm currently using your account for further investigation.
w23
Pro

OK Chris,  I'll try to keep an eye on it (missed last night's resync. until I checked my log) and update when I notice (or cause) a resync.
Call me 'w23'
apjashley1
Grafter

Can I have a bump please? Yet again, it's been 4 days and Plusnet is behind BTw by quite a bit
EDIT: Sorted now Smiley
w23
Pro

Looks like mine has actually updated this time - is there any way to find out when it updated?
Call me 'w23'
offbeatdave
Grafter

Please don't manually alter my PN speed on this occasion as I would like to see how long it takes to update (following a drop) this time. I just thought I'd post here in case any PN folk want to monitor it.
On Saturday lunchtime my sync dropped from a cracking 18800 to a still nippy 18000 due to v. short power drop affecting the router and a couple of other electrical items. After a resync or 2 (or 3 or 4 or 5) over Sat/Sun I am now synced at 18300. However, my PN line speed has remained at the 16.6 from before the drop whereas the actual IP Profile is now 16.1
So, despite a time period of Saturday lunchtime->Tuesday evening and a drop of 0.5 in the IP Profile and a few resyncs, the PN system has still not kicked in to register the drop. As I say, don't fiddle with it please - I just thought PN might be interested regarding how their system is performing. I used to think that my line took 48-72 hours to register changes but this one looks like being even longer.
w23
Pro

Gone adrift again - DLM seems quite active on my line recently, another resync at 06:05 on 17th (current BT IP profile 65.32, PN line speed still at 62.6), do PN want to wait and watch again?
Call me 'w23'
offbeatdave
Grafter

Regarding post 746, it's now been 5 days since my drop of 500kbps sync caused by power blip and since I did a handful of reboots! Again, please don't manually update the PN line speed (still reading 16.6Mb compared to IP of 16.1Mb) so I can see just how long it takes to kick it automatically. The mis-match isn't currently bothering me. 
PN staff - feel free to monitor the connection for your diagnostic purposes.
shalom2010
Grafter

Is there any reason this thread cannot be a 'Sticky' thread? It would make it easy to see for newbies.