Did you mean: 

0.3mbps download speeds

FIXED
Msdeeks87
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

0.3mbps download speeds

Hi,

After an engineer visit a while back and being told my internet speed wouldn't exceed 2.5mbps, my speed this week is 0.3Mbps. 2.5mbps is a tolerable speed but I'm currently miles off this.

Can you check via your conputers if there is a fault?

I was quoted minimum speeds of 0.8mbps, which is slow in itself. 0.3mbps means websites hardly load, music cuts out as does the radio.

What position am I in regarding cancellation if this doesn't improve? As I currently don't see a point in paying £20 a month for a connection I can't use, when I'm forced to use mobile signals instead; as the current speeds aren't at minimum guaranteed. It's seems frustrating that this has now occured conveniently after a month of signing up, which no doubt puts me in a position whereby if have to pay for the remaining contract in order to leave if it doesnt get better.

I'd rather not leave as that's hassle for me, but I'm currently paying for a service I can't use.

Many thanks x
3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: 0.3mbps download speeds

Hi there and sorry to see that speeds are an issue. It's not something we expect you to live with and I'm sure we can get this fixed. 

Line tests are picking up on a possible line fault, before I get that raised with Openreach could you please check the line (assuming you have a phone connected) to see if there's a dial tone or any audible noise on there?

If you did wish to cancel any early termination fees from the contract would be applicable, however as mentioned there does seem to be an issue we can get fixed so we'll do all we can to get that sorted as quickly as possible. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Msdeeks87
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Hi,

Unfortunately I don't have a landline phone to test the dial tone. Although I believe the previous engineer tested this and all was fine.

Wouldn't mind it being looked at if there is an openreach fault. However, I wouldn't want anything done that could possibly incur a charge to myself.

Many thanks.
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Fix

Hello @Msdeeks87,

Our testing is showing high resistance on the line and we would need to rule out failing equipment as the cause. Can you setup your equipment in the test socket shown here if the issue persists, please can you raise the fault here.

Once done, please update this thread and we will get this picked up.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team