cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

force9.net email address

demusss

force9.net email address

Does anyone use the force9.net email address format(me@userid.force9.net). ?
From Friday afternoon until Wednesday afternoon I didn't receive any emails to my force9.net address
According to Customer Support force9.net addresses are not a valid format and should never work. Its strange that I've been using an invalid format for 8 years.
Anyway emails are coming through again. Just wondered if anyone else had problems since Friday. I'm also on the postini trial just incase thats a common factor.
Thanks
Anthony
9 REPLIES 9
zubel
Community Veteran

Re: force9.net email address

This problem was raised regarding this exact issue.
The offending change has since been rolled back, and will be reimplemented shortly, once the DNS changes have propagated correctly.
B.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I've seen the DNS changes start to appear on a force9.net account I've been watching.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

That's right, they should all be complete by tomorrow.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

It always amuses me that caching DNS servers all round the world pick up changes to Plusnet DNS records way before the Plusnet caching DNS servers in London (212.159.6.9 etc)
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

...and hosted domains won't be far behind Undecided
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
mcgurka
Grafter

Actually, Im possibly a bit late with this, but this was one of my two major gripes with PN.
Around 3 years ago, when I requested a change to MX relay... bang... no emails to force9.net.
Called up CSC who told me, and wait for this one, 'Its not valid, and should never have even worked at all, and I dont know why it stopped.'
Well, after countless phonecalls and tickets to people, with headers and screenshots, proving that the emails *did* in fact work, but there was a problem.
I argued that it *had* worked, because I had all my emails pointed to it and they got them quite alright! So what did they do?
Nothing, despite being able to prove it works, it was a case of, 'oh well, its broken now, and we dont think it should work, so we're not going to fix it..' Not ideal, to say the very least.... I did find my welcome email a while after this, and guess what! It shows the .net addresses, so did this slip below the net?
Well, the CS agent didnt, in fact, when I was CUT OFF for non payment of a bill, in turns out that my DD had been deleted...
Now, it wasnt me that binned it...
Basically, Ive said in the past that there were only 2 things that massively bugged me about PN/F9 and those are:
a: ) Messed up orders, things going missing and being deleted.
b: ) The email platform. I tried to use my own email platform, but the .net stopped working, so even that broke!
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Nothing, despite being able to prove it works, it was a case of, 'oh well, its broken now, and we dont think it should work, so we're not going to fix it..'

I'd like to think that this wouldn't happen if you were to make a similar enquiry nowadays.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

mcgurka
Grafter

Ok, should the .net emails work, or are they still broken?
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Yes, they should work.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team