Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Router ?

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Which Router ?

Which adsl/adsl2+ wireless router can have all information such as the line ip profile rate because I think it better from the router instead of using bt speedtester not working anymore (cannot find out what is the ip profile rate is on the line ?)
6 REPLIES 6
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Which Router ?

None of them will give that information
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

I think all manufacturing should working on this for future wireless router to detect the true ip profile line speed from the local exchange to the modem. I cannot see why not ? Fed up of BT kept us in the dark not knowing what is the profile rate is even when bt speedtester not working at all.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

The reason why not is that the information isn't or perhaps cannot be made available from the equipment in the exchange.
The only other solution is to use the value here which should mirror it https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Yes but these https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
doesn't always catch up on bt end of correct ip profile rate, not always up to dated.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

I cannot see any reason why BT cannot do not will not provide a customer info page just giving the line profile (may need to be subject to some security checks). Many users run the speedtester just to find out their profile, if the info were available separately then the tester would probably not be so congested.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

I do agree with you. It really annoying that BT won't pass on the customer. To run spedtester to find out line ip profile is rather annoying and cause the speedtester overload and congested by milion of peoples using bt speedtester every hours to check their ip profile rate.
jim:quote