cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still stuck with less than half ADSL2+ speed

JamesM
Grafter

Still stuck with less than half ADSL2+ speed

I have been leaving my connection alone for 72 hour periods, I got it up to 12025 sync, 10300 speed. I decided to put it back in the test socket to see if I could go higher and my sync dropped to 9977, and 8000 speed. I am trying to wear this speed and be happy but  my sync should be a lot higher. My upload speed is also sluggish at 0.22. It gets up to 0.37 then just jumps back down to 0.22. I can understand a slight change in Sync when restarting the router but not 2000+.

4 REPLIES 4
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Still stuck with less than half ADSL2+ speed

Hi JamesM,
There were 4 reconnections on Sunday night just after 9pm which caused you a lower sync and then the lower profile. Syncing at this time of night can get slower speeds. Try reconnecting during daylight hours. I found a big difference in my own connection while doing this.
Jojo Smiley
Denzil
Grafter

Why do you think it should be higher? The "up to 24MB" means just that, and the practical maximum speed depends largely on the length of wire between your house and the exchange. Do you know how to get the line statistics from your router? If you can post those it will give us an idea of what the line should be capable of.
JamesM
Grafter

Thanks Jojo, I did a reset when I came home for dinner and it went back up to 11000+
Denzil, when I checked Kitz it says with my attenuation ADSL2+ is 16000 and ip profile 14000.  One table says I am 2.1 Km away from the exchange and BT says around 1.7 Km.
Denzil
Grafter

Kitz will only give an estimate based on a good line. Real lines vary in quality, and are subject to varying amounts of interference. We need the figures from your router which are specific to your line. If you're not sure how to get the statistics the just let us know what model of router you have and someone will know.