Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Static IP on an IP camera

w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Static IP on an IP camera

Any chance that you could employ the old Netgear as a wireless access point for the camera and connect it, in turn, to your router?
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
NedLudd
Grafter

This may shed some light on your problem
Geoff,
York.
Anderzander

More progress and more frustrations ....
I tried the old router I mentioned and sure enough the camera showed up on the device list ... So having managed to change the IP by changing browser, and found the wifi protocol was the problem in connecting I used the dos prompt to telnet into the router and turn off 'n' wifi - and after some fiddling - bingo the camera logged in.
All seemed promising as I could now access the device through my wifi - so the plan was start to set up the port forwarding and the mobile app I'd bought for it.
However a few hours later I could no longer log in - it had lost the wifi, so I tried the cable and couldn't get in with that - so Reset and then I'm in. I start to rebuild the settings - except now it can't find any wireless networks ....? There is mine and my neighbours, but it can't find any?
Now having felt like I'd jumped all the hurdles - got it working and then lose access ...!? I'm thinking its a flakey / faulty item unless someone can point me in an alternative direction ? Time to return it perhaps.