cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Snr reset please

su4stu
Grafter

Snr reset please

Wonder if someone could set my snr back to 6db please.  Jojo raised it to 9db a while ago to see if it helped my speed issues but it didn't.  I am currently using DMT to lower it but would it prefer it back it 6db.  Thanks in advance.  Smiley
7 REPLIES 7
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Snr reset please

Hi there,
Resetting the SNR won't necessarily move the level to 6dB, but we'll happily do it and see what it settles at. It may be though that you need to keep up with DMT if it doesn't settle to 6.
If you're happy with that let us know and we'll reset it for you Smiley
su4stu
Grafter

Thanks Matt, I would like for you to try and hopefully it'll go back to 6.  If not then I'll just keep using DMT.  Smiley
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

That's now been requested for you, should take effect in the next hour or so.
chrish16
Grafter

Is it best to have your ISP set it or to use DMT/own router to change it at home?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Depends on the situation really, but if you've got the DMT option it's a lot simpler all round Smiley
chrish16
Grafter

Hi Matt
I'm actually using a Netgear DG834g with the DGTGeam firmware.  That firmware allows you to tweak the SNR.  Is this ok also?  How does it work exactly?  if i tweak at home does it inform the other end of the line that the line can support that SNR and changes itself accordinly?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Yes it's fine to do, though if you set the SNR too low you might start seeing drops in connection (just changing it to a higher value will sort this though). Not sure exactly how it works, but it does indeed communicate with the equipment at the exchange and negotiate the SNR setting that way as you say Smiley