cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random Disconnects from broadband, Always DNS response issue

covturf201

Random Disconnects from broadband, Always DNS response issue

Hello all,

First of all I want to thank any and all replies that offer advice on this issue! Now ive been having an issue for a couple of months now for random DNS internet dropouts, No changing any setting or moving to the test-line socket for the phoneline connection into the house has helped, I have replaced the router, all cables, microfilter and had an engineer check the electrics in the house for any potential sparks causing problems and none of these have returned anything. I have previously submitted a ticket where it was advised to get an engineer out and despite twice giving times and dates for several weeks no engineer was arranged and the tickets where closed without being resolved, this is dissapointing as until then I have had no issue and no faults to report. Any help at all is appreciated because unless this is sorted when the fibre optic is finished outside my house I shall be moving to virgin media on the new fibre lines. I will also add that Noise level rates where adjusted as well as i believe SNR was changed to no avail! Ill try and run wireshark to catch anything that might be causing an issue and will attach at when i have managed to capture a dropout!

Thanks in Advance!

Scott Gamble (Covturf201)

2 REPLIES 2
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Random Disconnects from broadband, Always DNS response issue

Hi there, 

Line tests have shown me that there's a known issue that's affecting your area, it's causing disconnections and those in turn will lead to slower speeds than usual too. 

I've spoken with our suppliers who need to replace some equipment (a faulty line card) at the local exchange. 

The repairs are taking longer than we'd hope so we're really sorry about that. I've been advised to check for an update on the progress for you tomorrow so I'll make sure that I follow up on that. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Random Disconnects from broadband, Always DNS response issue

I've just chased our suppliers who are still working on the issue who claim the issue is not resolved but it looks like you may still be having issues. 

if you are the best course of action to take next would be to report a fault over at http://faults.plus.net

Feel free to reply back here if you do. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team