cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merged: Threads RE: Unread posts links not working as expected

Nick_Russell
Grafter

Re: Merged: Threads RE: Unread posts links not working as expected

Well this emphasises what I am saying.  Why not have the 4 items at the top of the forum like the old system?  Using this method to see your own posts you only actually see your own posts and not the whole post. Not to helpful.
Also what does "Show the last posts of this person" mean? All your posts?  The last days posts? The last months?
I am still not clear what "unread" means.  Does a post only get marked as read if I open it? The old system had a simple option - "View posts since last visit" Nothing about read or unread.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: Nick

Well this emphasises what I am saying.  Why not have the 4 items at the top of the forum like the old system?  Using this method to see your own posts you only actually see your own posts and not the whole post. Not to helpful.

I actually prefer that if I am looking for a specific post I've made or a specific post made by someone else. If you click the title of a post on the resulting list it takes you to that post in context.

Also what does "Show the last posts of this person" mean? All your posts?  The last days posts? The last months?

It actually will show you all the posts made in reverse date order - newest first.

I am still not clear what "unread" means.  Does a post only get marked as read if I open it? The old system had a simple option - "View posts since last visit" Nothing about read or unread.

Unread means exactly what it says - I'd love to know how you can read a post without opening it!  Tongue
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Does this need merging with the other unread post problems?
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
jelv
Seasoned Hero

I actually wonder if it would be a good idea if there was a separate sub-forum for queries and tips on the use of SMF. There are so many things in SMF that I suspect most people haven't found yet, and other things where it is different to phpBB.
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Is there actually an issue here? - everything is consistently working as I would expect.