Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get the attention of the fault team

journeys
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

How do I get the attention of the fault team

I logged a fault on Tuesday with both BT and PN, (Line rental from BT, BB from PN) BT responded and had two engineers at the door within a couple of hours, they replaced a load of external cabling and a couple of boxes.
The fault I logged with PN (by phone), last PN entry was.
2:46pm, Tuesday 24th November 2009 Your support request has been escalated to the correct team for review.
then nothing, problem is line speed has been throttled back to .01mb.
I've updated the fault ticket every 12 hours

I was surprised by both the speedy response by BT and the lack of response by PN, normally PN are super efficient.
6 REPLIES 6
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: How do I get the attention of the fault team

Well obviously you had a POTS line problem for the engineers to do what they have done (POTS faults will always supersede BB faults which will be put on hold until the POTS fault is fixed). Your BB will always be affected if you have a line fault. Hopefully that's all fixed now.
I suggest you do a powerdown reboot of your modem/router sometime between 0900 & 1430 (daytime) and post the ADSL line stats taken immediately after the sync we might be able to offer further advice.
I'm sure someone from Comms will look at the current status of your ticket.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

It certainly looks like your line is much much more stable following the engineer visit. Your router is still syncing at 1632, this means your IP profile should update around 72 hours from when you first synced at this speed (looking at the RADIUS logs, that should mean it increases tomorrow evening).
Until the IP profile increases, or the 72 hours have passed there isn't much more we can do if I'm honest. Keep an eye on it and if the speeds haven't improved after tomorrow night, give me a nudge and I'll pick it up for you.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
journeys
Aspiring Pro

Thanks Chris,
Clear concise explanation that I understand, will wait and see.
journeys
Aspiring Pro

Just to record
27/11/2009 16:45 downspeed .01mbps, upspeed .03mbps
router shows constant 1.8mbps between router and exchange, appears to be 'throttled' at .01mbps
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

journeys
Aspiring Pro

Thanks Chris (anotherone),
yes followed that, turned off router for 30 minutes (last night) as per instructions, left PC and router turned on overnight, ran speed test this morning.
Downspeed is still  more or less constant between .01mbps (between .0065 and .012), upspeed is .375 mbps.
Router stats show link between router and exchange still at constant 1.8mb