cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do These DMT Graphs Look Okay?

sjrinfroyle
Grafter

Do These DMT Graphs Look Okay?

I am using the DMT tool and I am wondering if  these bit allocation tables look okay?
4 REPLIES 4
nozzer
Hero
Fixes: 3

Re: Do These DMT Graphs Look Okay?

Yup, they look fine! Seems like you have a nice clean line there.   Cheesy
The only caveat is to ask what service you are on. Those short spikes to the right of the graphs might indicate that you are on ADSL2+ and that there's a lot of the signal missing. For that service the spectrum should go up to about 360. If you are on an "up to 8Mbps service" they seem fine.
sjrinfroyle
Grafter

Quote from: nozzer
If you are on an "up to 8Mbps service" they seem fine.

I am! Is there any thing I can do about my connection dropping at night? It always used to be stable at 9dB and now it needs a 9dB margin to stay connected.
nozzer
Hero
Fixes: 3

Can you hear noise on the phone line? Any particular time it happens? Does in coincide with someone turning the telly on? etcetcetc..   difficult to diagnose unless there is a line fault. Some routers are MUCH better at holding the line than others as well.
I tried using the BT phone fault checker some time ago, even though the line wasn't misbehaving much. Turned out that there was an earth fault there although my router didn't have much difficulty holding a signal. However, the line replacement increased its stability and speed no end!
sjrinfroyle
Grafter

Quote from: nozzer
Can you hear noise on the phone line? Any particular time it happens? Does in coincide with someone turning the telly on? etcetcetc..   difficult to diagnose unless there is a line fault.

The phone is perfectly clear, it happens at night between 7PM-9PM. It doesn't seem to coincide with anything else being turned on however. Joanne did find a battery fault a while ago but after she tested it again it disappeared. An engineer turned up a few weeks ago and fixed a short in the line but I am still having problems.