cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Broadband package - Discount for existing PN Customers?

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Changing Broadband package - Discount for existing PN Customers?

I am currently on the PlusNet Unlimited  broadband package, and I have noticed that there is an "offer" on the PN home page, that says....
Get 3 month FREE broadband^
Our treat, grab it before 31st August.

It then listst two options Plusnet Value, at £6.49 per month and Plusnet Extra at £11.49 per month.
(Both these prices are for "low cost areas - Market 3) (which I happily reside in !).
View my usage, for the last three months shows that I have only once gone above 20gb, so the 60gb limit on Plusnet Extra, should be quite sufficient for my needs. It will also save me £4.85 per month.
It also says that there is a "free wireless router worth £40" available on this package. 
Now I understand the FREE 3 months is a "come on" for NEW customers, and also the "Free router" is another "carrot" to entice customers in PlusNet direction... however,....
As an existing customer, it would be nice if, having been a loyal, paid up member, for over 3 years, that some of these "goodies" could be applied to changing packages for existing users....
Any chance? either the 3 months Free, OR the £40 in my credit, as I already have a Plusnet router, and don`t want another one....
You may think this is a "bit of a cheek", but it works both ways.... I don`t know how long this offer has been on the home page, as I rarely have need to go there,.PlusNet have let me down by not informing me of this "cheaper service" and as a consequence,  have been "paying over the odds" for my service....
because "unlimited" is £16.34 and I never got near 60gb !........
So what about some discount when I change to the PlusNet Extra package, then?  Kiss
6 REPLIES 6
nadger
Rising Star

Re: Changing Broadband package - Discount for existing PN Customers?

Moral - if you don't ask you don't get  Roll_eyes
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Regarding the router - it is only free if you stay for 12 months and there is probably a P&P charge - you can get that offer even if just changing product or even staying on one of the new products
Regarding the 3 months - I asked this myself and the answer was no way. However if you migrate to another ISP for a month (with no tie in) you can then come back and get the offered deal. For me it just wasn't worth the hassle and the change of something going wrong
mitchell20
Grafter

Even if you do ask, you probably wont get.......unless you are prepared to sign up for a new minimum 12 or 18 month contract and even then there's very little room for offers.
PN are one of the many companies that only offer deals/discounts to new customers only.  Having been a PN customer now for nearly 7 years, I think I've had 1 or maybe 2 deals/discounts/offers in all that time all because I wont commit to a 12 or 18 month contract.
Broadband has gone the same way mobile phone contracts have gone.  There's very little bargaining power now and they aren't interested if they lose you as a customer as they know there's another one round the next corner (who's been enticed by a new customer deal//offer)
nozzer
Hero
Fixes: 3

My experience as a PN customer for eight years...  changed to Extra...  asked for a discount for the monthly contract...  and I got it, no quibbles!
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Pssssssst...... any PlusNet staff reading this??  Lips_are_sealed
(You can send a PM to me with your offer.... I promise not to tell.....  Wink )
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'm sorry that we're not able to offer these deals to existing customers, there are a few reasons behind this but the main one is a simple financial sum:
Most customers who are attracted by the deal and sign up take the offer(s) in year 1, then we make the money back over that and subsequent years.
If those customers continually took the same deal year after year, our profit margins could be squeezed into a loss on each customer.
I don't have access to the exact numbers to say how long it takes to break even (and I probably wouldn't be allowed to post them if I did!) However, I hope this clears matters up for you.
There are technicalities of how to play the system such as Oldjim noted, we're not going to stop you from doing this Smiley