Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband disconnects - If I'm in a call then it reconnects

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Broadband disconnects - If I'm in a call then it reconnects

Some engineers ring to check that there is someone in before they drive round to the property.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi dmi,
I see you raised a broadband fault but I have raised it as a phone fault which i suspect is the root case.
Jojo Smiley
dmi
Dabbler

Some engineers ring to check that there is someone in before they drive round to the property.

Hi jelv. Yes the technician called. But I do not see your point. I can call myself home using my mobile phone. When calling myself it does not seem to get reconnected.
dmi
Dabbler

Hi dmi,
I see you raised a broadband fault but I have raised it as a phone fault which i suspect is the root case.
Jojo

Hi Jojo, thanks. The same happened about a month ago... and when the phone engineer came the line was fine and boradband was working fine. Again, please understand that this is an irregular problem in that sometimes the modem gets connected without me doing anything.... so PLEASE send the phone engineer NOW when the fault is ocurring!
dmi
Dabbler

Hi jelv,
Hi jelv. Yes the technician called. But I do not see your point. I can call myself home using my mobile phone. When calling myself it does not seem to get reconnected.

Actually calling my home number from my mobile makes the modem sync and broaband gets connected. Ringing is not enough, the call needs to be established
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: dmi

The extra voltage from the ringing of an incoming call will sometimes temporarily make good poor joints which may for a few hours improve the quality of the line. By the engineer calling you shortly before he arrived the chances are that it was that call was the reason was fine when he checked it.
The cynic might say that this was a deliberate ploy on the part of engineers when faced with a tedious job of checking all the connections between you and the exchange.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
dmi
Dabbler

Wow jelv... crazy!
I'm getting tired of the ping-pong between Plusnet and Openreach...
Really thinking about moving back to BT... at least the problem will be a BT problem only... or in fact, a BT's and its "independent" subsidiary Openreach problem.
But not sure if I should change in the middle of this problem.... in the mean time, no broadband or poor broadband
This started when I switched to Plusnet... someone must have done something with the cables that started all these problems!
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 3

Quote from: dmi
I'm getting tired of the ping-pong between Plusnet and Openreach...

It will be the same anywhere, including BT Broadband (who are just another BT Group company like PlusNet)
Some ISP's (dare I name AAISP) pride themselves on really understanding and "working" the relationship to their suppliers.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi dmi,
One of our faults guys is working on this now, you should be updated shortly.
Jojo Smiley
dmi
Dabbler

Just for the records.
Very helpful people on the support side.
Plusnet sent a new router but disconnects persist. Noisy line persist.
Now they say they will send "again" an engineer... but when!
~ 15 days of unstable internet now, and two months ago was the same...  Embarrassed
there's a limit to patience... Angry
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi dmi,
I'm getting someone to find out the latest on this. I will let you know if I get more news.
Jojo Smiley
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi dmi,
This needs an SFI booking, so we'll be contacting you for availability to get it booked.
Jojo Smiley