Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation date?

GeneGenie
Grafter

Activation date?

Hi,
I saw a similair thread about this but didn't want to hijack it :). I was told that my internet would be ready in 5 to 7 days (on Sunday 21st March) but the order tracker says it will be ready on the 30th Mar 2010 - After 12pm. I was just curious as to which one is right so that I know when to expect the new connection ;).
Any help would be much appreciated,
GeneGenie
10 REPLIES 10
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Activation date?

Welcome to the forum.
It is not unknown for the line to be activated a day early
Wheel_nut
Grafter

If you connect your Router to the Line and the DSL LED lights up then try putting in your account details and leave it to try to connect to PlusNet.
PlusNet have a script that detects connection attempts and will activate your account i about 20 minutes. If it doesn't, call CS and they will activate it for you.
GeneGenie
Grafter

@pierre_pierre Thanks for the welcome :). Phoned up customer support and you're correct, the order is due to complete tomorrow instead of Tuesday.
@Wheel_nut The DSL light came on but I had no luck connecting to the internet, had a quick chat with customer support and they said there is no way of activating it before the order completion date.
reserved
Grafter

Quote from: GeneGenie
I was told that my internet would be ready in 5 to 7 days (on Sunday 21st March) but the order tracker says it will be ready on the 30th Mar 2010 - After 12pm. I was just curious as to which one is right so that I know when to expect the new connection ;).
GeneGenie

Sunday 21 March was last week so if it's not working yet that date was certainly wrong!  Wink
GeneGenie
Grafter

Sorry, that's when I was told it would take 5-7 days (so technically it should of activated today). Sorry for the confusion :-[.
reserved
Grafter

Blame the loss of a hour in bed last night  Wink
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Quote from: GeneGenie
@Wheel_nut The DSL light came on but I had no luck connecting to the internet, had a quick chat with customer support and they said there is no way of activating it before the order completion date.

Now that is rubbish! If your DSL LED is lit, the line is active and PlusNet only need to enable Authentication of your Account.
This is something that James or Mand need to educate their CS staff about.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

If the DSL light comes on it means you can sync with the exchange - however it doesn't necessarily mean you can connect through to Plusnet. The latter step requires BT to add realm information for the connection, and completing that is often a day or so behind connecting the line at the exchange.
David
Mand
Grafter

@GeneGenie, nice username btw ;), your account is now active so assuming the necessary work has been done you should be able to connect.
GeneGenie
Grafter

Thanks Mand :). Yep everything is active so hopefully I will see the difference in the evening (when Sky throttled the internet to death). Just had a game on COD:MW2 on the Xbox and still have 3 bar connection so have put a request in for interleaving to be switched off, hopefully that helps!