Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync Problem ADSL2 ADSL1

AlanAtHome
Grafter

Sync Problem ADSL2 ADSL1

Hi All
Can I get some help with a recent upgrade question?
I am posting on behalf of a friend who changed to the Premium Package our local exchange has ADSL2 enable, but his router Lynksys wag354g will only sync to ADSL1 G.DMT. I have tried setting to ADSL2 or auto and the router fails to sync.
I spoke with customer services who insisted everything was correct at plusnets end and suggested that his line was the problem with the low sync speed.
Am i correct in thinking his router should still be syncing at ADSL2 even if the line sped is lower than 20 (currently around 7500).
His user name is steg8.
Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
scootie
Grafter

Re: Sync Problem ADSL2 ADSL1

yep thats correct it should be syncing on adsl2 even at that low speed
pierre_pierre
Grafter

you dont always get put on ADSL2, you may have to ask for it
scootie
Grafter

I spoke with customer services who insisted everything was correct at plusnets end and suggested that his line was the problem with the low sync speed.

i read that as the cs agent confirming the order was placed on adsl2+ upto 20mb
Am i correct in thinking his router should still be syncing at ADSL2 even if the line sped is lower than 20 (currently around 7500).

if on adsl (g.dmt) max dsl they got a sync of 7500 then the same line on 21cn upto 20mb there router would most likely sync with the modulation adsl2+ and not just adsl2 giving a big increase in sync speed
AlanAtHome
Grafter

Thanks for reply guys
Quote from: Asbo
spoke with customer services who insisted everything was correct at plusnets end and suggested that his line was the problem with the low sync speed.
i read that as the cs agent confirming the order was placed on adsl2+ upto 20mb

I asked him specifically about adsl2+ on the line and he got in touch with the network team, and confirmed that everything was correct at there end but I have my doubts.
if on adsl (g.dmt) max dsl they got a sync of 7500 then the same line on 21cn upto 20mb there router would most likely sync with the modulation adsl2+ and not just adsl2 giving a big increase in sync speed

I tried setting to adsl2 and adsl2+ neither would sync and auto syncs at g.dmt. He's getting a new router this week, he had trouble with his connection so I took a spare one down (which was the same as his), this is when I noticed the line was only syncing at adsl1. I'll see what the new router does and maybe a member of plusnet staff might pickup on this or I will get him to raise a ticket.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi AlanAtHome,
That account was provided on the ADSL1 on 21CN, so is currently only working on the up to 8Mb speeds. I've placed a modify order on there to complete tomorrow which will move him onto the up to 20Mb service. Sorry about that, I'll look into the ticket and have a word with the agents who've looked into this.
AlanAtHome
Grafter

Thanks for that matt much appreciated
Alan