Grafter

Re: ADSL Modem/Router Suggestions Please

A lot of the people who wrote the user guides are also on
here: http://forum.kitz.co.uk/  for a more in depth set up walk through.  Wink
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

It may not be unlocked - ex-BT Business HGV2700 routers were locked to the BTclick username.
OshB5
Grafter

Quote from: Jaggies
It may not be unlocked - ex-BT Business HGV2700 routers were locked to the BTclick username.

Iv followed the guide as far as putting in a fake BT account such as me@btinternet.com and it takes that fine and saves it but when I move on to the next step where it tells you in the guide to Now enter your ISP user name and password And thats where it stops it wont let you do that? So again at a standstill. I need to get it sorted as this modem is doing over time at the moment as its been up for like 15 days without a hiccup where before was only lasting a couple of days before going off or having some sort of episode. Hence the urgency to get this one up n working in case?
regs Osh
pj2014
Grafter

Hey,
Yeah these HGV2700's are tricky to set up. I'm not sure why your one isn't working. It appears to be a 'newer' type one (v6 compared to v5), but the link webif posted earlier is very similar to what I followed.
I literally followed it word for word.
Every little bit from 'power on', wait 5 mins, insert pin, reset router, red light power up again etc etc. I remember following the procedure for resetting the system password too. Added static routes to block the firmware updates etc
Did you follow every single step? I also noticed from that link webif posted earlier it says
'Now enter your PPP Username, Password and Admin password when prompted.
(If you are using BT v6.1.1.22 and do not see a box for entering the admin password, use the Opera method described elsewhere
to reinstate it.)'  so it seems like some issue with this firmware and setup (maybe with IE)
Looks like this one could be locked? Maybe have to follow guide through again including doing all the resets and particularly going through the 'changing system password' as it looks like that's were the problem lies.
I noticed these snippets from the link posted earlier..
'Before you can configure your router to connect to your ISP, you will need to know the 2700HGV's system password' and 'the default system password for 2700HGV hubs installed with BT v6.x firmware since January 2009 is the serial number of the hub.  The serial number can be found on the label attached to the underside of the hub'
see how you get on.
cheers
OshB5
Grafter

Hi
I dont think it is unlocked and on the 2wire blog I found it says something about this one cannot be hacked typical aint it 
Well at least it only cost me £5  That is £1 for the unit and £4 for the postage LOL
Has any onr had or is using one of those flat panel Netgear modem routers the D6200 or the D6300? as they look ok I just cannot find much about them as they are quite new I think..
Osh
ian007jen
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Hi
Have you tried the http://192.168.1.254/xslt?PAGE=HURL13 method on http://bt2700hgv.tripod.com/063.htm
I run mine in bridged modem only mode, and my asus rtn66u (PPPoe)
Ian