cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1 month of usless BB

doomreaper
Grafter

1 month of usless BB

fri 24th Oct 2008, notified my 8meg line is working way below par , again, often more than not below 400k.
yesterday i was supposed to switched back to the standard BT 4meg line, no reduction in price... however today i am for some reason still connected to the tiscali network, even though im shown (according to F9) to be on the BT system ,, so another night where my gaming is not to be , another night yet again where the web is sooooo slowwww its not worth even trying to browse most of teh news and forums i subscribe to. So what have i paid my FULL months subscription for ?? i seem to have only been able to use my line to less than a qtr or even less 10% of the standard i did , and that was less than half my monthly allowance. I have to say this is not what i expect from Force9, but then it isnt exactly Force9 anymore is it. The buck will be passed around , its not our fault etc , well the buck stops with the company who i pay . Force 9 . there problem is with whoever they subcontract through. It would have been nice to get a gesture along the line of - one full month with no improvement and such poor quality line , heres something to take some of teh misery away, but no . Well to be fair this isnt the first time . this problem has re-occured for around a year, usually it starts off, must be your fault Mr Colling, then a few days later - oh sorry yes tiscali had a problem. or it just rights itself mysteriously , ah well never mind, Like the majority of people i enjoy paying what to me is slightly over the normal odds to get a less than perfect service .. To be fair i did not mind paying the price , when i was gettign the service, but toay is a very competative world as far as BB goes, and you have to be careful, offers abound and seldom is the backup that which is promised. I do believe Force9 have tried, but i cant say they have a good relationship with their fast bb , thats my opinion, from the number of times its been days before tiscalu seem to inform them of problems. They have been let down, but in the end i am the customer , and i pay for and expect good service, i can take a few hours or even days of slow or downtime, but a month and still going. painfully not good. Disapointed yes, seriously looking at migrating away , yes . Could Force9 pull thsi back,, i will wait and see.
(*forgive spelings and so on, dyslexic has its drawbacks)
49 REPLIES 49
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: 1 month of usless BB

we will forgive the spellings - especially when we are told  Smiley  Sorry cant help on the speed issue, not my speciality
James
Grafter

Hi Doomreaper,
Have you tried rebooting your router since the transition was meant to have happened?
I know that this shouldn't really make a difference and I can see that you're still conencting to the Tiscali pipe, but it can't hurt to try whilst I try and find out what's happened with your migration.
James
Grafter

Yep, I've just checked and confirmed that the order has completed.
As I mentioned just now, could you try a reboot and see if it makes any difference at all?
doomreaper
Grafter

rebooted, even unplugged and left then restarted ,, still shows me as on teh tiscali network . not good
"I'm now getting this investigated further for you. You may still be connected to the LLU equipment, despite the migration being complete."
doomreaper
Grafter

You are currently connected to the "Telehouse North, LLU" gateway. This gateway is sometimes known as thn-ag2.
this at 0:44am  27th Nov 2008 .  ok this is way beyond a joke.
how can the migration have taken place yet i still be connected to the tiscali llu network .
customer satisfaction currently running into negative numbers and thinking of contacting that lovely agency that over sees broadband
Denzil
Grafter

Quote from: doomreaper
fri 24th Oct 2008, notified my 8meg line is working way below par , again, often more than not below 400k.
Disapointed yes, seriously looking at migrating away , yes . Could Force9 pull thsi back,, i will wait and see.

Just to be sure you know, you never had an 8meg service, you had an 'up to 8meg' service. The actual speed you can get largely depends on the length of cable between the exchange and your property. Did you mean 400kBps or 400kbps? A "B"  is eight times bigger than a "b", so it makes a difference. 400kbps is not great, but, depending on your line conditions, 400kBps is actually quite good.
Changing ISPs is entirely your choice, but won't necessarily help, as they all use the same BT or LLU hardware. I know you are not happy, but Force9/Plusnet generally really do offer better service than most other ISPs. I would suggest it would be easier to get this sorted by staying here for the time being.
James
Grafter

Hi Doomreaper,
I'm so very sorry that this still hasn't sorted itself out.
What I don't understand is why your order is showing as having been completed, but you're still terminating on our Tiscali kit.  I've been to have a word with our Faults Team Leader, who's going to assign someone to look into your case.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Shouldn't he have a new login with a different domain?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
James
Grafter

Not on Tiscali, no.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

So on Tiscali they use logons of username@plusdsl.net (or one of the other domains that route to the PN BT Centrals) as well?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
James
Grafter

I'm fairly sure that it's only username@plusdsl.net on the Tiscali service.
doomreaper
Grafter

Quote from: Jameseh
Hi Doomreaper,
I'm so very sorry that this still hasn't sorted itself out.
What I don't understand is why your order is showing as having been completed, but you're still terminating on our Tiscali kit.  I've been to have a word with our Faults Team Leader, who's going to assign someone to look into your case.

and this is what i am finding unacceptable now, i was informed on Moday that thsi was teh case and that someone would look into it. its now thursday and it woudl very much appear that no one has done anything at all.. waits for the ,, on look we did this just forgot to tell you/anyone. total muff up .
doomreaper
Grafter

Quote from: Denzil
Quote from: doomreaper
Disapointed yes, seriously looking at migrating away , yes . Could Force9 pull thsi back,, i will wait and see.

Just to be sure you know, you never had an 8meg service, you had an 'up to 8meg' service. The actual speed you can get largely depends on the length of cable between the exchange and your property. Did you mean 400kBps or 400kbps? A "B"  is eight times bigger than a "b", so it makes a difference. 400kbps is not great, but, depending on your line conditions, 400kBps is actually quite good.
Changing ISPs is entirely your choice, but won't necessarily help, as they all use the same BT or LLU hardware. I know you are not happy, but Force9/Plusnet generally really do offer better service than most other ISPs. I would suggest it would be easier to get this sorted by staying here for the time being.

IF id been getting teh 400kbs ( ie just lass than 1/2 meg, id have been ungappy as since i was on 8meg libe i generaly had 7 + meg in actual speeds. however i was being kind whan i said lately it was the 400 (less than 1/2meg) , as most times it went right down to as low as a 36k dial up and even less at times. so now you  see why im upset , as this last month (month and a week) now it jas mostly been BELOW the accepted 400kbs that is published as acceptable ,,
doomreaper
Grafter

OMG, i decided today after my line went totally dead to phone force9, what a mistake.
\on answering the call, no hellos , and a person that sounded so fed up , i almost felt sorry for him. However to the point, i ask for an update to what was happening , my line had now come back up and i was syncing at 8meg but my download was below 2meg. Theres a fault on your line,, yes i know ones been reported but i wanted to know what system i was actually connected to , bt or still somehow through the tiscali LLU. i was informed i was on BT, i asked him to check , to  which i got theres a fault on your line before it gets to us. I said i wasnt so sure of that , and was about to explain my reasons when i was interrupted by - 'thats why im the engineer and your not' .. EXCUSE ME <, ive probably worked with computers ( for part of the cadbury Schweppes company) for longer than hes worked with a pc. How dare he interrupt and make such remark! , i wanted to know what was going on, he responded by saying we don't have any tiscali customers , we got rid of them. , what did he do , throw them into a bottomless pit ?? what a remark , makes it sound like your tiscali based customers were unwanted baggage.. apart from the fact earlier it was stated i was on the bt , but still routed through the llu ... now u may have got 'rid' of your tiscali customers, but you still use llu , you may wish to update yoru customers as to who then the llu is now through . But and i hate starting  sentence with a 'but' , the person i spoke to was obnoxious, rude and condescending to say the least , is this the true face of force9 , or just to me ??
I have found lately the load is bad, i can accept that more use can equal slower speeds, however my wifes id through another BIG isp , and she has yet to suffer any degradation during peak times. so forgive my slight disbelief there. this fault has the familiarity to what has been gong on a long time, usually resulting in ah , tiscali did have a problem but its fixed now .. ah well , force9/plusnet you just blew your reputation with me big time, attitude from your 'engineer' ,, i think you may want to retrain a few in how to talk WITH and not AT your customers , because this one has had enough now , im going to send my mac key to a new isp and wish i had not tried to use an isp who seems to have got too big for its boots.  you had your chance . but 6 weeks of useless service was one thing , the way i was spoken to is another .