cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moderators Elections - The Results!

zubel
Community Veteran

Moderators Elections - The Results!

So, we're now onto the voting process for the next two Moderators.
Here are the applications from our FIVE candidates:
1.  Adiewoo
"My prime aim for volunteering to be a moderator is to give something back to the forums that have helped me out on many occasions.
I'm on the forums often, posting across a wide range of topics trying to be constructive with my feedback. I still don't know if I will make a good moderator, but as I said before I try to be constructive with my feedback.  Not to criticise other members, to be positive, informative and encouraging whilst making sure the forum rules are followed. As I received some votes in the last election I took that as a positive sign and decided to re-stand."

Adiewoo's recent posts

2.   Devonports

I have been a forums user here at +net for nearly 6 years.
I also have several years experience of being a moderator for several yahoo mail groups, and have learned the delicate balancing act that a moderator has to perform in undertaking their resposibilities.
I may not be as prolific a poster to the forums as some others, but I do read the forums daily and contribute when I feel that I have something relevent to say or info / advice to impart.

Devonport's recent posts
3.  Alex
I've been present on the forums for some time, and I'd like to be considered for a moderator position. I've enjoyed being present within the community, and learned a lot during my time here.
I have some experience with moderating some of my own forums, and this combined with my experience within the community makes me feel suitable to be considered. While at times I can be critical, I try to be fair and constructive and helpful to others where I can be. I certainly don't know it all, and there is still much to learn. I believe these qualities are required for a moderator that the community deserves.

Alex' recent posts

4.  Mav

I've hovered over the line to becoming a moderator a couple of times now and have finally decided it is something I should offer to do.
I've participated in these forums for many years and have recieved much support and help and, hopefully, have been able to help others.
I have good communication & use of English skills and an enthusiasm in PlusNet, these forum and the internet as a whole. I agree that dealing with posters in a non-confrontantional nature is the way to go and I feel I can add my years of life experiences and sense of humour to the 'team'.

Mav's recent posts
5.  Samuria
"I don't know if I will make a good moderator, but I try to be constructive with my feedback.  Not to criticise other members, to be positive, informative and encouraging whilst making sure the forum rules are followed. Most of all I'd like to give something back to forums that have helped me."

Samuria's Recent Posts
Please could you place your votes against the two Moderators that you would like to see elected.
The election will stay open until February 15, 2009, 08:37:39 whereby the moderators will check the votes and contact the successful candidates.
Vote wisely.
Barry
on behalf of the Moderating team.
Moderators Note by Chemical Brother - Changed time/Date for end of poll to match that of the actual poll.
86 REPLIES 86
zubel
Community Veteran

Re: Moderators Elections - Voting thread

Congratulations to Adiewoo and Samuria for winning the poll, and welcome to the ranks of Forum Moderator!
I'm sure you will all join me in congratulating both candidates.
Thanks also to Alex, Mav and Devonports for standing in this election.
B.
artmo
Aspiring Champion

Re: Moderators Elections - The Results!

Adiewoo and Samuria, congratulations on your elevation to moderators. Well deserved.  Good Luck Smiley
samuria
Grafter

Thanks to all those who voted for me and the checks are in the virtual post
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

I'd rather have my cheque instead of a check Wink but congratulations both anyway.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

I'd like to thank all those that voted too,
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Spider
Grafter

Although well done to the 2 that made it. To the three that didn't, please stick around and stand again.
Mav
Fixes: 515

Congratulations to both Adiewoo & Samuria - well deserved Smiley
Quote from: Spider
Although well done to the 2 that made it. To the three that didn't, please stick around and stand again.

- Arnie mode : I Will Be Back  Wink

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Congratulations Adiewoo & Samuria and I would say commiserations to  Alex, Mav and Devonports but I've a feeling that things may change fairly quickly Wink so hang in there guys. Smiley
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Strat
Community Veteran

Their names don't appear in Forum Rules yet. Undecided Smiley
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Can anyone remember what the lowest vote for a successful candidate has been in any previous election? I have a suspicion that all five may have received more votes than that.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Strat
Community Veteran

The last one is here http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,71027.0.html but I don't know how many there have been.....do you?
jelv
Seasoned Hero

I've just found Roger's election here. He was elected by a landslide polling nearly twice as many as the next candidate - he got 39 votes. So well done Adiewoo!
Strat
Community Veteran

Interestingly according to Total Voters: no-one actually voted Crazy
Certainly a resounding victory for Adiewoo in the latest one. Smiley
And a very commendable second place for Samuria Smiley
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Damned forum search! However Google managed to find the election of PJ and Barry:
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php?topic=58105.0