Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of landlien concern?

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 409

Re: Loss of landlien concern?

t seems that for us the way to go and save a few bob is to go Fibre only when we renew in June and dump the land line

@Surfer  as @bmc says above , your checker results dont show Fibre(SoGEA) as available. You can only get ADSL or possibly SoADSL ( ADSL without phone ) although you would need to talk to COTS about any options.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Surfer
Rising Star

What is COTS and how do I contact them?  Thanks.

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 51

@Surfer 

Sorry - I thought this has been mentioned before.

COTs is the PlusNet Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632

Note : As stated, there is no fibre available to you at the moment. You can simply renew with your landline or go internet only (if this is an option).

Brian

HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 3

@MisterW said " I regularly use an app called zoiper https://www.zoiper.com/ to connect to my voip account if I'm away from home."

I've tried that, and still have it on my smartphone, but on consideration after about 3 months with VOIP from A&A I probably have no real need for it.

In practice I find that all outgoing calls are on our mobile phones and we get very very few genuine landline calls on our (ported from BT) VOIP number. I'm seriously considering changing the VOIP setup to go straight to voicemail. Any voice message gets emailed straight to me and I can pick that up on my smartphone.

Surfer
Rising Star

BMC we are supposed to be on fibre at present, but not full fibre as from cabinet to home is copper.

bmc
Hero

@Surfer 

Unless WBC VDSL shows in the results window of the Checker you can't get "fibre".

Another way of checking in when the results appear there's a line at the top which would tell you which cabinet you're connected to (if you are) or it states Exchange Only (I think) which means your line runs direct to the Exchange.

Brian

Surfer
Rising Star

We have been paying Plusnet for Unlimited Fibre Extra inc. Line rental for the past couple of years so I am at a bit of a loss?

Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Handback
Threshold(Mbps)
WBC FTTC Availability Date WBC SOGEA Availability Date Left in Jumper
High Low High Low        
VDSL Range A (Clean) help 80 69.7 20 19 63.5 Unavailable Available --
VDSL Range B (Impacted) help 80 67 20 19 60 Unavailable Available --
G.fast Range A (Clean) help -- -- -- -- -- Unavailable -- --
G.fast Range B (Impacted) help -- -- -- -- -- Unavailable -- --
Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range (Mbps) Availability Date FTTP Install Process
FTTP on Demand 330 50 -- Available --
ADSL Products Downstream Line Rate (Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range(Mbps) ADSL Availability Date Left in Jumper
WBC ADSL 2+ Up to 7 -- 4.5 to 11.5 Available --
WBC ADSL2+ Annex M Up to 7 Up to 1 4.5 to 11.5 Available --
ADSL Max Up to 5.5 -- 4 to 8 Available --
WBC Fixed Rate 2 -- -- Available --
Fixed Rate 2 -- -- Available --
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 3

That says SOGEA is available to order, which is FTTC. 

Others products may no longer be available to order, such as those including a phone service, due to BT "Stop sell" rules. But if you've already got them they aren't ceasing (yet?).

Baldrick1
Fixes: 420

@Surfer 

To interpret the sesults:

No new customer can sign up for VDSL or in other words Fibre broadband with a traditional analogue landline phone service. However if you currently or on this service you can remain so for the time being.

You can however sign up for SOGEA. This is exactly the same internet connection but without the analogue landline phone service. If you want to keep the phone service it has to use the new digital VoIP  alternative.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

@Surfer 

This post may be of interest

https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/Renewing-FTTC-contract-WITH-Telephone/m-p/1960130#M...

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
bmc
Hero

@Surfer 

You didn't show this last time.

I thought it said WBC VDSL but it appears to only be VDSL (WBC might well be the old OR delivery platform which is being retired). So you are on FTTC with no speed worries.

Still the same choice though. Either phone PN to renew your contract with a phone line or move to the SOGEA internet product without a phone. The former buys you time while the latter requires immediate action after teh move to port your number to VOIP if you want to keep it.

Brian

Surfer
Rising Star

Just spoken with SIL who is an IT systems manager who works from home 3 days a week and they finds that they manage without VOIP or phone line and only use their mobiles.  I think I have been getting to hung up on retaining our home phones number.  Therefore no need to VOIP and it seems fibre only is the way forward.

G6JPG-0
Grafter

If you want to keep the phone service it has to use the new digital VoIP  alternative.

IMO, any mention of VoIP - certainly if by a PlusNet person - should always be followed by "(not available from PlusNet)".

[My apologies if "Moderator" does not mean you're a PlusNet person.]

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 409

My apologies if "Moderator" does not mean you're a PlusNet person.

FYI Moderators are not Plusnet staff, they are customers just like you and me

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.