Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error with notification count

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 259

Re: Error with notification count

I'll see what I can do today/tomorrow, @SeanD , but no promises - quite a bit to do and time is flying.

The image 'thing' is a red herring I think, unless it is something they have mis-tweaked before this issue arose, as it was not an issue previously.

Cheers for keeping an eye on this.

John
SeanD
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

No problem at all,

I agree, I too think this is a red herring 😲

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

This space is awash with red herrings ... I suspect that there are various differences between virtual instances of this service.  Slightly off topic, I intermittently see an unread item count on one board which I have no unread items on.  The summary reports one unread item. clicking the unread items link reports no unread items.  This is not a new issue.

Sometimes I encounter it, other times I do not - I suspect that I am connecting to different virtual service instances.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend

Agreed, @Townman . Apart from the four boards I have 'floated' to the top, I use the 'unread posts' link to check the others (there are a  couple of boards I don't visit because I don't have the knowledge to offer constructive help), check if there are any of interest, look at those which may be of interest, mark all as read once I've checked. Then I go back to the main index and find the odd post which somehow didn't appear on that list, has not cleared on the 'mark all', but may be 25-30 minutes old - very strange.

John
jab1
Legend

@SeanD Have sent you four more files.

John
SeanD
Aspiring Pro

Hi @jab1,

Thank you for sending this to me.  I have received all 4 files and have sent these to Khoros. I will update you again once I get an update from them.

Cheers

Sean 

SeanD
Aspiring Pro

Hi @jab1,

I hope you are well.

Khoros have dropped me an update.  They have been unable to reproduce the issue that you are reporting.  They claim that the last .HAR files that you have provided do not demonstrate a slowdown in performance.  Their testing has resulted in page loads time of under 2 seconds.

They have come back with a couple of further requests.

1. They recommend that you open the Network tab on your browser before reproducing the issue.  Then produce the .HAR file after that.  They feel this will capture the details they require.
  2. If you could provide a video of the slow issue in action they would find this extremely helpful

I am sorry that I haven't been able to resolve this issue, I appreciate that producing these .HAR files take time and effort to run and send.  Khoros cannot reproduce which makes finding the route cause particularly difficult ☹️

If you are able and willing to do this please send it to me via the usual email address.  No panic at all, whenever you get a few spare minutes.

Cheers

Sean

jab1
Legend

@SeanD Just sent you 12 files.

Unfortunately, I can't find an easy way to produce the video, so you haven't got that.

Note that while I was away over the Xmas period, I experienced the same issue on my friends Windows machine as I did on Linux, so we can rule out OS issues.

John
SeanD
Aspiring Pro

Hi @jab1,

Thanks for the files, I have received these 😀  I hope you are well.

I have sent all the files to Khoros and will await and update from them.  I will keep you updated as to the progress of their investigation.

Cheers

Sean

jab1
Legend

@SeanD Any response from Khorus, or are they hoping I will forget this? FYI, it does appear to be a little quicker, on very odd occasions, but is still not acceptable.

John
SeanD
Aspiring Pro

Hi @jab1,

Sorry for the delay in confirming.  I have chased up the Khoros support team.  They have replied to say that they are unable to find any issue on their end that would explain the slow perofrmance that you have reported.  They went on to say that none of the .HAR files provided any insight or pointed toward a culrpit of slow performance.

They have once again asked for a video of the slowness you are witnessing.  I am not entirley sure how video footage will hep them pinpoint the issue but failing that they cannot offer an explanation and they dont believe the performance issue is related to anything on th Khoros end.

The footage they have asked for is if you could film the delay in the page loading, either by using the screen record features on your PC/Laptop or from you filming your experience on your mobile.  I appreciate this is quite an ask but they canont offer an explanation.

Cheers

Sean

jab1
Legend

@SeanD Thanks for this. I will have a look for a suitable screen recorder - I need to find one which will capture the 'Community.plus.net' pop-up in the bottom LH corner of the screen - a couple I have tried don't seem to.

John