Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reolink

FIXED
alan578
Fixes: 1

Reolink

I have  installed the Reolink prog on windows 11 to replace an outdated Swannview link prog to view Swann cameras. I have done this on an Android phone and it works great, but on my computer when I input the UID number it comes up "Connection failed" every time. The firewall on my computer is set to allow the Reolink but when I search for possible causes on line the router UDP crops up as a possible error and I have looked at this but cannot make any sense of it. The router is a Plusnet Hub Two. Hoping someone can help with this

3 REPLIES 3
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 402

Re: Reolink

but when I search for possible causes on line the router UDP crops up as a possible error and I have looked at this but cannot make any sense of it.

From what I can see they are referring to outgoing UDP traffic. The Hub 2 doesnt block any outgoing traffic.

It sounds more likely that its a firewall configuration problem on the Windows 11 m/c. Make sure that the firewall is configured to allow access on Private networks https://thesmarthomesecrets.com/reolink-client-login-failed/

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

alan578

Thanks for the reply, I have made sure the firewall allows the Reolink app, I have even tried with the firewall off completely but as soon as I input the UID number it says no connection. The only thing that differs from the help info is that the cameras are not on the same network as my computer, but as the Reolink app works ok on my Android and iphone in the same situation using my Plusnet router I would have thought it would be ok. I will take my laptop to the properties and try it on the same network tomorrow.

Thanks

alan578

Fix

Hello,

Just an update, I tried my laptop at the property and the Reolink prog linked with the swann box no trouble entering all the relevant information for me but it would still not connect to show the camera pictures so I now give up and put it down to another over enthusiastic Windows 11 security blip.